How has this election affected your relationships?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: How has this election affected your relationships?
Got blocked by someone just now for calling them out about them saying Hillary is a Nazi.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2016, 02:11 PM
(01-11-2016 08:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've quietly unfollowed a bunch of people, won't unfriend them, but for now, just don't want to see their shit for now.

I'm tired of the pissing match.

I've done the same.

I'll pop back in and check on them occasionally and, once they've regained their sanity, I'll maybe start following them again.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
01-11-2016, 09:26 PM
I hate everybody, that's how it has affected me. It is hurtful seeing so many comments on the internet from people in different countries laughing at us and saying we deserve Trump. It is frightening to think of the future my children would face under a Trump presidency. It is disheartening to realize that the "best" vote I can make is for more of the same corruption in politics.

Fuck everything

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
01-11-2016, 10:07 PM
I know I'm a star so I tried to grab some pussies.
It didn't go all that well. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-11-2016, 10:11 PM
(01-11-2016 10:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I know I'm a star so I tried to grab some pussies.

Bro, you're doing it wrong. Tic tacs first, then grab the pussy. Do you even Trump? Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
01-11-2016, 10:16 PM
(01-11-2016 10:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 10:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I know I'm a star so I tried to grab some pussies.

Bro, you're doing it wrong. Tic tacs first, then grab the pussy. Do you even Trump? Dodgy

Dang. I forgot the Tic tacs. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-11-2016, 05:07 AM
Not much. Already not on speaking terms with my Baptist father and step-mother, and he's hated Democrats (and the Clinton's) since NAFTA. But he's an ignorant religious asshole, so no surprise who he's going to vote for.

My best friend is gay, so his choice is pretty clear. His younger brother is my flatmate, and while he never liked either of the candidates, after watching the debates he really hated Trump. Then he had a really bad run-in with one of the Oath Keeper fucktards at work, and now he's voting Hillary out of spite. I wasn't going to push him to vote, but I'll be happy to walk with him down the road to the local Fire Department to vote on election day.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-11-2016, 10:01 AM
This is a pretty good opinion piece on how the election is tearing families apart and impacting relationships, so thought it should go here:

"Thanks to Donald Trump, I blocked my uncle on Facebook today."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Even on here I have noticed folks are more fired up than usual. This is the most significant and potentially divisive US election for years. In Britain there is even going to be live coverage something I don't think has been done here before.
06-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Not very much. The partisan rhetoric and vitriol has been politics as usual for the last two decades, so I have become more skilled and thick skinned. I know that fine people are hard party liners, just the same as theists. I have some compassion for the single button people and can do so while absolutely opposing them.