How has this election affected your relationships?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: How has this election affected your relationships?
(01-11-2016 02:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(01-11-2016 08:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've quietly unfollowed a bunch of people, won't unfriend them, but for now, just don't want to see their shit for now.

I'm tired of the pissing match.

I've done the same.

I'll pop back in and check on them occasionally and, once they've regained their sanity, I'll maybe start following them again.

That's what I have done, too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I have even unfollowed pro-Hillary people. It's just too much and clogging up my FB experience.

I mean seriously, has anyone's mind ever been changed because of clever meme?

The trump posts are just nasty and mostly wrong, but people just love to like and share them.

Two close friends posted shit that originated on stormfront.

Seriously people do you even know google exists?

I'm conflicted, if it weren't for all my pictures I'd seriously consider dumping my Facebook and starting over.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-11-2016, 12:37 PM
I actually feel genuinely sad that this is happening, no joke I really am so much division within families so much discord its like the civil war all over again also no joke. I'm so sorry this is happening to you all. As individuals you are among the kindest people on earth as a nation you are both seriously scary and also utterly ruthless its hard to reconcile but I do wish you all the best. Adey xx
06-11-2016, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2016 12:43 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(31-10-2016 01:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(31-10-2016 10:31 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  My entire family is gone, but there would be conflicts if they were still around. Neither of my brothers was very political, but both of my parents were hardcore Republicans. There was always a lot of tension around election time. I can't believe that either of my parents would be enthusiastic about Trump, but they probably would have voted for him, because they hated Hillary Clinton with a passion -- the exact opposite of my feelings (I'm not enthusiastic about Clinton, but will vote for her to keep Trump out of office).

I have friends who are Republicans, but we remain friends by not discussing politics. I don't even know how they feel about Trump.

Not discussing politics is the only reason we are still talking to one another.

At the same time, not discussing politics means an even greater likelihood that people aren't being exposed to differing points of view, thus increasing polarization. So, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

06-11-2016, 12:42 PM
(31-10-2016 06:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are a few people on FB that I don't hear from anymore. They may have blocked or unfriended me.
Not sure if it's politics or religion though.

Is there a difference? Fucking Drumpf thinks he's a god.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
06-11-2016, 11:14 PM
(06-11-2016 12:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm conflicted, if it weren't for all my pictures I'd seriously consider dumping my Facebook and starting over.

I got you beat moms, I simply never started.

Booyah! Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post