How high is the catholic church's miracle standards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2017, 02:00 AM
How high is the catholic church's miracle standards
So i heard if you want to be made a Saint there has to be 2 miracles done in your name so. Supposedly the catholic church will only call a miracle if all other explanation has been ruled out. so what are there standards.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2017, 02:08 AM
RE: How high is the catholic church's miracle standards
Not very. In fact non-existent.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-01-2017, 05:02 AM
can you give an example.
28-01-2017, 05:50 AM
After eating 4 bean burritos and a six pack of Corona - I farted so much it's a miracle my asshole didn't break.......

Where do I go to get canonized??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-01-2017, 06:01 AM
This is one of those bizarre things in the Catholic church, it's just a political process where the pope declares them a saint, after bishops investigate miracles. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

4 STEPS TO SAINTHOOD

First Step: When the subject arises that a person should be considered for Sainthood, a Bishop is placed in charge of the initial investigation of the person's life. If it is determined that the candidate is deemed worthy of further consideration, the Vatican grants a "Nihil Obstat." This is a Latin phrase that means "nothing hinders." Henceforth, the candidate is called a "Servant of God."

Second Step: The Church Official, a Postulator, who coordinates the process and serves as an advocate, must prove that the candidate lived heroic virtues. This is achived through the collection of documents and testimonies that are collected and presented to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints in Rome. When a candidate is approved, he/she earns the title of "Venerable."

Third Step: To be beatified and recognized as a "Blessed," one miracle acquired through the candidate’s intercession is required in addition to recognition of heroic virtue (or martyrdom in the case of a martyr).

Fourth Step: Canonization requires a second miracle after beatification, though a Pope may waive these requirements. (A miracle is not required prior to a martyr’s beatification, but one is required before his/her canonization.) Once this second miracle has been received through the candidate's intercession, the Pope declares the person a "Saint."

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-01-2017, 07:25 AM
(28-01-2017 02:00 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  So i heard if you want to be made a Saint there has to be 2 miracles done in your name so. Supposedly the catholic church will only call a miracle if all other explanation has been ruled out. so what are there standards.

Read up on the making of Mother Theresa into a saint. One of the "miracles" was a woman who was healed by praying to her... except that the woman was also undergoing medical treatment and the doctors said that her recovery was within the normal response.

Even if there was no known explanation they can never say that "all other explanation has been ruled out"; it just boils down to not knowing and them plugging a saint into the gap instead of a god.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Hahahaha. How high? Quarter of an inch....maybe.

The miracle attributed to Mother Teresa was from an incident with a woman from India who supposedly had cancer and she looked at a portrait of Mother Teresa and was cured.

Not so fast..

The woman didn't really have cancer. It was a benign type of tumor that responded to the medication the doctors were giving her. Her husband and the doctors even told the press about the medication and the tumor but it didn't make the news. What made the news was the woman looking at a picture and being cured.

I'd have to look around the internet for the articles with the doctor and husband being interviewed.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-01-2017, 04:57 PM
(28-01-2017 02:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Not very. In fact non-existent.

I disagree. You'd have to be very high to accept their miracles.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-01-2017, 05:11 PM
Quote:so what are there standards.

How much money can be made off of the superstitions of gullible fools.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
28-01-2017, 07:05 PM
(28-01-2017 02:00 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  So i heard if you want to be made a Saint there has to be 2 miracles done in your name so. Supposedly the catholic church will only call a miracle if all other explanation has been ruled out. so what are there standards.

The Catholic Church is an extremely "political" institution and always was. Becoming a Saint is less linked to christian virtues and "miracles" than with being the representent, the flagship, of a specific Catholic agenda. Mother Theresa was the representent of Catholic charities and opposition to abortion. Her popularity and her charisma made her candidacy for canonisation pretty obvious. So was the canonisation for John-Paul II due to his immense popularity, especially after the assassination attempt against him. The process of canonisation was always murky enough to be manipulated to match the Roman Curia political agenda. more than one Saint hold their title to political games and were denounced as such at various point in history, sometimes to be vindicated later as the tide turned in their favor.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.