How i became an athesit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2013, 04:56 PM
How i became an athesit
[size=xx-small]I've been meaning to make a post on my story for a while now.The Thinking atheist and in fact every atheist You Tuber has really helped to form my logical thought and i feel i owe them including Seth especially as he was a friendly guy to listen to of how i become an atheist in the hopes that this might help somebody too.

Firstly let me introduce myself.My names Jacob i'm 16 and i'm from England and have just finished secondary school(i guess that's high school in american terms?) and shortly due to go to college in September to start a video game development course(i love gaming)

From a young age i kind of accepted that Christianity was the right religion i never really actively did much within the religion apart from going to church at Christmas and was ridiculous over polite all the time.This very much haunts me today as I've never been able to swear out-loud(The closes i get is crap)

When i was 11 i moved to a church funded school after i pretty much became rejected from my classmates which a seed of doubt was placed.During an assembly when a pray was taken places,everyone BUT the cleverest guy in the school was praying along.This struck me as it didn't make sense but i think i forgot about it and carried on anyway

When i was 15 i moved to Cambridge because of my fathers work and the crap kinda hit the fan
My family fell into a depression as they missed everyone deeply back home and the new job that had been taken by my father was going badly
Then it got worce
My good friend emma that now lived 140 miles back home had suddenly died of a heart attack brought on by an assma attack.She was only 14
i found out thought people posting RIP EMMA on Facebook...i was so crushed and felt so helpless that i pretty much stayed in my room playing games for 2 weeks.And was comforted by strangers at this new school i was currently at.

To this day i have never told my family what happened to Emma as i was the only one that appeared not to loose it.

I later talked to another friend chels who told me to seak comfort within god and to pray for help.Which i did for a little while.I trusted chels very much but it didn't last for long

I then found myself listening to 'alex jones' on his radio looking for something else to blaime for all the shit in the world.But i worked out it was crap pretty quickly.

Still praying regularly at this point i started getting into psychology about why people believe crazy thing's(like alex jones)
and soon discovered atheist videos on youtube. I stumbled across an atheist play about a women that had traveled the world seeking for god but never found him.I was gluced the screen at this point and when it was finished i felt a sadness that i knew that there was now no heaven so i would never see Emma furthermost i would loose everybody.

I later spend 100's of hours watching debates of everything i could find(hitching,dawkinks ect) to learn everything i could to see if there was any evidence for god.Naturally non came up

The thinking atheist podcast and videos was amazing for me to listen to someone of such grace and way with word's i am so greatful to seth for everything he has done for me

I recently moved back to my original home town and thing's are looking good for me.

I told my folks that i was an atheist a few months back,they called me 'close minded'

I hope maybe one day they won't think that
Thank you for taking this up you're time to read this.Sorry if my typing is bad never been good at English for an Englishmen.

Thank you
From Jacob-proud to be an atheist
P.S The girl ches i was friend's with cut contact shortly after i become an atheist.So much for 'love thy neighbour'?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jacob's post
20-07-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: How i became an athesit
The fuck is an athesit? Is that one of them cults forming around the idea of atheism? Consider

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
20-07-2013, 06:54 PM
How i became an athesit
(20-07-2013 05:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The fuck is an athesit? Is that one of them cults forming around the idea of atheism? Consider

Yabut,
Welcome, Jacob. Glad you found your way out of the fairy tale delusions. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Welcome, Jacob!

Isn't it great that we have the web? So much information!!!

Maybe a mod could move this here since it has the conversion story....

Anyway, Jacob, pull up a chair and join in! Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Welcome. We don't get many athesits 'round these parts. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2013, 07:10 PM
College at 16 and you dig Hitchens. Pretty smart. Keep it up. Welcome to the forum ;-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2013, 07:45 PM
hahah
thank guys! Smile