Poll: How much did the opportunity to influence the religious views of others -or- to have your own religious views tested by others factored into your coming to this site?
I'm a theist and changing the beliefs of atheists is my mission.
I'm a theist and I'm as willing to test my own beliefs as I am in challenging the beliefs of others.
I'm a theist who isn't too likely to change my mind but neither do I care if atheists adopt my beliefs.
I'm an atheist who isn't too likely to change my mind but neither do I care if theists lose their beliefs to reflect my own.
I'm an atheist and I'm as willing to test my own beliefs as I am in challenging the beliefs of others.
I'm an atheist and changing the beliefs of theists is my mission.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How important is influencing the religious views of others to your being here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2017, 01:51 PM
RE: How important is influencing the religious views of others to your being here?
I will not accept liability for anyone else's metaphysics. Go make your own.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-09-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: How important is influencing the religious views of others to your being here?
Whatever gets you through the day is fine by me.
If you want to be stupid, it none of my never mind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2017, 02:07 PM
I am happy to test my own beliefs, and if you preach at me I'll do my best to fuck with you. Otherwise, live and let live.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-09-2017, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 02:33 PM by Vera.)
(10-09-2017 02:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whatever gets you through the day is fine by me.

But what about the night, Bucky, my dearest? Undecided

(Actually, I am at my most peaceful at night, so am *not* gonna post the fado where he sings about going through life in search of a night less dark and less full of the agony of yet another day that died...)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
10-09-2017, 03:02 PM
(10-09-2017 02:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 02:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whatever gets you through the day is fine by me.

But what about the night, Bucky, my dearest? Undecided

#sigh
12-09-2017, 07:27 AM
4 is probably the closest for me. I never try to talk people out of their religion. Having been on that side of the fence, I know that it doesn't work that way, and the backfire effect will cause people to dig in deeper (I've experienced that, as well).

I want theists to understand what I do and don't believe from my standpoint, not their's. I don't want them thinking that I really believe in God but just hate him, or that I just want to sin, or that I believe everything came from nothing and we evolved from chimps and cats from dogs. Similarly, while I can't prove their beliefs wrong (well, it depends on the claim), I want them to know that they can't prove them right. I'll let them keep their hunches, but I want them to understand why it's not fair for them to inflict their hunches on other people, or society at large.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-09-2017, 07:58 AM
(10-09-2017 03:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Some of us like it darker, though.

Over to you, Girly Smartass

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2017, 08:03 AM
I cannot think of any activity that would be more of a waste of time than arguing with theists.
Except perhaps being a theist.
If I need to engage with them it would be to tell them to STFU!

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
12-09-2017, 10:19 AM
I'm a atheist willing to challenge my nihilist point of view. All theists poor arguments don't convince me so far to change my mind. It's all bullshit But the most important mission is to winning the last person to post wins thread.TongueBig GrinLaugh out load

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
12-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Fighting stupid is always a duty. The worst types of religious stupid for sure. Anti-intellectualism is a curse on mankind. It leads to atrocities all too often.

Someday, someday maybe the world can be like the Scandinavian countries, not very religious, civilized and a good place to live.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post