How long does it take O'Reilly to turn a simply outreach into an attack on god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2010, 03:13 PM
How long does it take O'Reilly to turn a simply outreach into an attack on god?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_URHACJPw

It's amazing how quickly he reads a sign saying, "No god? No problem! Be good for goodness' sake" and turns it into "We atheists we devour your soul". These signs are clearly a way to reach out, show people that there are atheists, and that we are not immoral and bad people. It seriously bugs me how O'Reilly turns that completely around, to make the signs read that we are immoral and bad people. Your thoughts?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2010, 04:37 PM

RE: How long does it take O'Reilly to turn a simply outreach into an attack on god?
Yeah, I remember when this came out (the Christmas before last I believe). I was actually driving through Baton Rouge at the time and caught a radio show talking about it at about 1:00 a.m. I called in to make a few points, thinking they wouldn't put me on. Well I was the first one they went to when they came back from the break. I guess they were expecting an inarticulate or angry ignoramus whom they could ridicule for the rest of the show. I tried to explain that this isn't an attack on Christianity, it's an advertisement for people who feel disenfranchised by the overwhelming Christmas hype but are maybe looking for some brotherhood and fellowship as well. It's actually a great thing to reach out to those that don't share that belief system but the host turned it into an anti-god message and felt very threatened. I must have made some sense because the host asked me if I was a professor at some college. I told him I was driving a truck but in a way I wish I could have left them thinking I was an academic of some sort. But alas, I cannot tell a lie.
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2010, 05:16 AM

RE: How long does it take O'Reilly to turn a simply outreach into an attack on god?
The following video is of O'Reilly and Richard Dawkins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FARDDcdFaQ

As per the video description:

"Have you ever seen Bill O'Reilly so scared to give an educated guest time to speak?

Watch as he barely gives the space or time to let Dawkins really speak. Watch as he makes a joke when there's a question he can't answer. Uncomfortable fear from Bill.

Nothing new for Bill, but always funny to watch."

Don't know if I could call it 'funny'...more like 'irritating'. I'm a firm believer in giving the other party time to speak...Bill was just plain rude.
Quote this message in a reply