How long does it take for Heaven to become another form of hell ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 05:24 PM
How long does it take for Heaven to become another form of hell ?
Heaven is supposed to be ETERNAL.. any existence of being eternal is just tormenting no matter how you put it.

Soo after living for like 70 or maybe 90 years what are your plans for the next 10,000 years ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: How long does it take for Heaven to become another form of hell ?
Which heaven we talkin' here?Consider
21-11-2013, 06:27 PM
(21-11-2013 05:24 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Heaven is supposed to be ETERNAL.. any existence of being eternal is just tormenting no matter how you put it.

Soo after living for like 70 or maybe 90 years what are your plans for the next 10,000 years ?

70-100 years sounds about right. ... 50 for some of us. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
21-11-2013, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 07:24 PM by grizzlysnake.)
The Buddhists, the ones who believe in reincarnation anyway believe that they are reborn as either animals and humans of poor or higher status according to what they did in a previous life. Also if they are exceptionally bad they spend a allocated time in buddhist hell..which is exceptionally worse than christian hell, think of the movie hostil times a billion.To this they say fuck it, I don't want to be reborn anymore and the only way to stop this cycle is to achieve enlightenment. When they do they are either given the choice to be resurrected again to help others achieve enlightenment or to be in a state of non-existent.
I think they got it figured out on both ends.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
21-11-2013, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 08:57 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(21-11-2013 07:19 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  The Buddhists, the ones who believe in reincarnation anyway believe that they are reborn as either animals and humans of poor or higher status according to what they did in a previous life. Also if they are exceptionally bad they spend a allocated time in buddhist hell..which is exceptionally worse than christian hell, think of the movie hostil times a billion.To this they say fuck it, I don't want to be reborn anymore and the only way to stop this cycle is to achieve enlightenment. When they do they are either given the choice to be resurrected again to help others achieve enlightenment or to be in a state of non-existent.
That's exactly like what Hindus believe in, the karma cycle.

It seems to be a nice cycle of life but here's the catch,no one knows WTF "Enlightenment' really is,is it peace of mind ? is it leaving all desires of the world and being a monk ? or is it just simply pursuing knowledge&truth ? no one knows and no one really can tell.

And yeah Hindus actually have a "Garuda Purana" its very similar to "Dante's inferno"

Which is very particular about the sin committed and since there are so many ways you could commit a the same sin there are SO MANY ways to punish that one sin before the soul gets back into the karma cycle.

Though i gotta say its still better than Christian or Islam hell because its not used to scare us from childhood so we don't care about it and that's why many hindus don't even know about garuda purana.
21-11-2013, 09:02 PM
(21-11-2013 08:50 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 07:19 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  The Buddhists, the ones who believe in reincarnation anyway believe that they are reborn as either animals and humans of poor or higher status according to what they did in a previous life. Also if they are exceptionally bad they spend a allocated time in buddhist hell..which is exceptionally worse than christian hell, think of the movie hostil times a billion.To this they say fuck it, I don't want to be reborn anymore and the only way to stop this cycle is to achieve enlightenment. When they do they are either given the choice to be resurrected again to help others achieve enlightenment or to be in a state of non-existent.
That's exactly like what Hindus believe in, the karma cycle.

It seems to be a nice cycle of life but here's the catch,no one knows WTF "Enlightenment' really is,is it peace of mind ? is it leaving all desires of the world and being a monk ? or is it just simply pursuing knowledge&truth ? no one knows and no one really can tell.

And yeah Hindus actually have a "Garuda Purana" its very similar to "Dante's inferno"

Which is very particular about the sin committed and since there are so many ways you could commit a the same sin there are SO MANY ways to punish that one sin before the soul gets back into the karma cycle.

Though i gotta say its still better than Christian or Islam hell because its not used to scare us from childhood so we don't care about it and that's why many hindus don't even know about garuda purana.
I wouldn't doubt it had similarities, they did start in India. The eastern religions seem to make more sense to me, in some ways anyway. They don't take it as literal as western religions do. Taking a religion literally is really the problem we face today, Isn't it?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell