How many "Mysteries" Does the Higgs-Boson "Solve"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: How many "Mysteries" Does the Higgs-Boson "Solve"?
(29-08-2012 12:41 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 11:22 PM)RR Edwards Wrote:  Well . . . I am going to say no. Did you read the "paper" you linked to? This guy is kind of crazy. He says gravity is not an "attractive force", its a "pushing force". Sure, I am willing to consider the possibility but he seems to be much on fluff and light on substance.

My mistake I did read it but didn't realize what it was. A new 4D model using the higgs field.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jacky_JEROME

Although I did the way they look at gravity.

This is the same guy. Lets take a look at one of his claims:

Quote:It also explains tides. Seas movements don't come from an attraction of the seas by the Moon that no one can explain (gravitation), but from the difference of pressures on both sides of the Earth.

So he says his model predicts gravitation better than the current model. Has he shown that to be true? I don't see where he has and it should be easy to show if it is as obvious as correcting our current understanding of the tides as he claims it does.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Suppliment

OK - I brushed up a little on string theory and here are my adjustments.

First let me wonder aloud and ask for specific feedback from anyone who might know the proper terminology pertaining Higgs-Bosons. I see professionals use the term in conflicting ways. That is, apparently it is popularly the term for the parent particle that decays when not in a high energy environment and which, after it decays, causes the Higgs Field and the Higgs effect.

However, I have also commonly heard it referred to as the specifically durable particle that is directly causing the Higgs Field even today. I have also seen this form rarely referred to as the Higgs Particle. For some reason though, I want to call the parent the Higgs-Boson and the widely active particle a Higgs-Boson Condensate (HBC), but maybe this is inappropriate. It does seem to parallel BECs as a low energy state (apparently low).

OK - let me just say HBC for now.

Wave-Particle Duality Revisited
String theory postulates a twisted knot of parallel dimensions at every point in the universe. The “shape” of this knot correlates to the vibration of a string, which correlates with a specific particle. These particles don’t just vibrate in our universe, they also vibrate in their associated “knot”. Oh, lets call it a Multi-Dimensional Knot (MDK)

It follows then that every HBC has a natural frequency and thus a natural shape for its MDK. By definition, other particles have other frequencies and other MDK sizes and shapes. When other particles interact with an HBC, the result is a disturbance or change in the HBC’s frequency and thus its MDK. Normally an additional common side effect is what we perceive as matter.

An interesting idea then is that the natural frequency and shape of MDK’s would fit together and form a lattice in multidimensional space. This would well explain how space can bend and warp, like a stack of flexible legos. Each HBC would then effectively be a window into this lattice.

If this is the case it is useful to think of an HBC’s natural MDK as a carbon atom in a diamond. That is, much like carbon, the physical properties are dependant upon the particular arrangement of the constituents. If the constituents are arranged uniformly, then carbon is a translucent diamond, if the constituents are irregular, then carbon is an opaque lump of coal or graphite.

As such, when an electron interacts with an HBC under the right conditions, the result is a photon that doesn’t just interact with the MDK, it enters the MDK completely and the photons unique MDK is completely unobstructed in the HBC lattice such that it can propagate freely (like a wave) from one HBC MDK to another - like light passing through a crystal.

As the photonic wave propagates through this lattice, it may bump into an HBC whose MDK is distorted from interaction with another particle. From the photons point of view, this HBC MDK would look like a flaw in a diamond or a lump of coal, and the photon would have to propagate around it like a wave.

The photonic wave travels without resistance through the lattice until it bumps into an MDK which has a shape that tends to “scoop” the photon out of the lattice and bring it back into our dimension, and in the process, changes once again into an electron.

It also adds a new aspect to conservation of energy. That is - MDK "size" might be a new token to trade for energy or mass. This would explain why each point of empty space can have the potential for lots of energy or lots of mass.

I think this model also solves the Vacuum Catastrophe.

OK, I have to consider how this affects my other postulates. It is a more satisfying paradigm for Wave-Particle Duality though (I think).
30-08-2012, 08:49 AM
I am starting to think that a graviton is simply a particle/wave that doesn't respond to any "scoop". I need a better name for "scoop". So once a graviton coalesces, it drains down the first HBC it bumps into, and then can never leave the HBC MDK lattice, except maybe in the conditions of a black hole or something.
30-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Conservation of MDK "size" or tension could explain the Casimir Effect. That is, as some stress propagates through the HBC MDK lattice, it could cause HBC’s to “spontaneously” generated strings in our dimension, to relieve the pressure on it’s MDK.