How many US Visas can you have in a year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 08:37 AM by Chas.)
How many US Visas can you have in a year?
Okay so I want to go on something like Camp America this Summer if I'm not too late, or next summer. I also want to go to America for my University placement year in 1 1/2 years time.

I know the US is strict on who it lets in etc. If I got a visa for camp america would this stop my attempt at going to USA for my placement year?

I have tried researching how many Visas you can apply for in a year, but haven't been able to find it out. Does anyone know, or can give me a link to a website with the relevant information on?

I think both would have to be work visas, as Camp America is a job, and my University placement would be a work placement.

Thanks

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 12:59 PM by Scott33.)
RE: How many US Visas can you have in a year?
As far as I am aware, you can have more than one visa application at the same time. I would check the small print re: working on a student visa as you will normally be restricted to 20 hours or less of on campus employment only.

I notice you are from the UK, so I would recommend using the search function here.

Additionally, for any official applications, please make sure you stick to the dot.gov website. Don't be taken in by 'visa agents' or the likes, who will promise the world but rarely deliver it. There is little wiggle room when it comes to US immigration. There are no fast track visas, and there is no consideration for anyone who thinks their country shares a 'special relationship' with the US (they all do). In the vast majority of cases, you either fit squarely into one of the categories eligible for a US visa, or you don't.

Good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply