How many contradictions/logical fallacies etc can you spot in this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2015, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2015 05:05 AM by Silly Deity.)
How many contradictions/logical fallacies etc can you spot in this?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/truth-in-s...mreligion/

I get about 25 lines into it before I start losing the will to live.

He starts off with the supernatural first cause argument (yes that old nonsense) before delving into junk science, "natural laws" and causality then a diatribe about atheists being anti-science.

Truly...........stupidism is strong in this guy.

He appears to copy and paste stuff from a number of sources as you'll see the same nonsense spouted again and again. Any ideas where he gets this nonsense from? I'm assuming he's being spoon fed this by someone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2015, 05:27 AM
RE: How many contradictions/logical fallacies etc can you spot in this?
I couldn't make it past the first paragraph.
"The fool hath said in his heart there is no God."

The fool hath said in his heart there is a god. OOOoooohhhhh, burn! Where is your god now!???? whatwhat
[Image: white-trash-goth-gang-sign-300x200.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
26-11-2015, 06:12 AM
(26-11-2015 04:03 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/truth-in-s...mreligion/

He starts off with the supernatural first cause argument (yes that old nonsense) before delving into junk science, "natural laws" and causality then a diatribe about atheists being anti-science.

He appears to copy and paste stuff from a number of sources as you'll see the same nonsense spouted again and again. Any ideas where he gets this nonsense from? I'm assuming he's being spoon fed this by someone.

sounds like CotW.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Rolleyes Made it to paragraph 2!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-11-2015, 07:41 AM
Made it all the way to the end

My brain died halfway through though Tongue

[Image: 004.sig]
26-11-2015, 08:41 AM
The Reader's Digest Version ---

"I don't understand shit -- so GOD!!!"

SSDD

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-11-2015, 08:41 AM
I just skimmed it, he says this at the beginning - There is one particular deity that it is not credible for any rational person to reject or dismiss.

He then posts a wall of text that gives no reason whatsoever why his particular deity should be the one you should believe in. He goes on and on about the tired Kalam argument, which Islam uses as well, so this does not point to your deity.

He quotes the bible, you simply are not serious if you're going to use the bible to prove the bible or your god that's described in the bible.

It's a long bloviation about nothing new that fails to establish why his particular god is believable.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-11-2015, 12:08 PM
One is tempted to say "all of them."

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
26-11-2015, 04:42 PM
(26-11-2015 04:03 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/truth-in-s...mreligion/

No Mr. truth in science. All deities are the same. They are all products of the imagination. There are no gods, got it? They're all just imaginative projections and wishful thinking. They are all just a desperate attempt to escape from reality to live in a fantasy world of people's own creation. They are a method of running away. They are a crutch. They are a rationalization. They are a self delusion.

Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. That's it. Finito. End of story. There is only one thing that will fill that hole you have and calm those fears you have: rational philosophy. But you won't find it in a storybook. It has to be earned.

HMMM. I may have had too much Irish Cream with dinner.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
26-11-2015, 11:46 PM
Welp, there goes a few neurons.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post