Poll: Atheists. Do you like freedom?
I'm an atheist and I love freedom!
I'm an atheist and I hate freedom!
[Show Results]

How many of you Atheist . . . hate freedom?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 09:57 AM by DeavonReye.)
How many of you Atheist . . . hate freedom?
From another website, . . . a christian made the claim that "atheists hate freedom". Just want to see if that is true. No doubt they assume that atheists are closet communists.

Vote here:

Update: For this pole, . . . assume the christian's idea of "freedom" is the united states democratic republic, and the "god given rights" for the pursuit of "life, liberty, and happiness".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 07:23 AM
RE: How many of you Atheist . . . hate freedom?
Only other people's freedom.

Drinking Beverage

09-09-2013, 07:38 AM
I hate freedom because of reasons of course

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-09-2013, 07:44 AM
I don't understand, nach.

For everyone else, . . . be completely honest on this. It could be an interesting pole.
09-09-2013, 07:46 AM
oh, this was for real real? not for play play?... sorry then, I think freedom is important, not the only important thing, but good and necessary. I don't hate it Tongue

how can I change my vote?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Yes, I hate freedom. That's precisely why I don't subscribe to the idea of a celestial dictatorship... wait, what? Blink

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
09-09-2013, 08:14 AM

(09-09-2013 07:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yes, I hate freedom. That's precisely why I don't subscribe to the idea of a celestial dictatorship... wait, what? Blink

You are deluded, my friend. You are a slave to sin. Repent until it's too late! Wink

"Although it seems like a contradiction, the only true freedom in Christ comes to those who are His slaves."
http://www.gotquestions.org/freedom-in-Christ.html

It's kinda like when Jesus said that if he bears witness of himself, his testimony is not true (John 5:31), but when he does, it is true (8:14).

What looks like a contradiction is actually more evidence for scientific foreknowledge in the Bible. It took 1,900 years for sinful scientists to discover quantum superposition, yet it was in front of them during all that time.
When will humanity learn?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
09-09-2013, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't say I HATE freedom. It's more of an intellectual bondage fetish. [/sarcasm]
09-09-2013, 08:36 AM
I reserve judgment until I see what retarded things this christian website has to say about "freedom"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-09-2013, 08:40 AM
(09-09-2013 08:36 AM)bemore Wrote:  I reserve judgment until I see what retarded things this christian website has to say about "freedom"

That is kind of the crux of the question and the poll. What does the christian mean about freedom and what does he mean by atheist?

The question reeks of fallacy (non sequitor and strawman come to mind quite quickly)

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post