How many of you change online?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2012, 12:27 AM
How many of you change online?
I go to church with my wife who in my opinion is one of the weaker believers out there. I am as I have said before an atheist. I find that I am rather rude if I join a christian forum online. I ask difficult questions as usual, however I find that my posts can be really sarcastic at times. I try not to be outwardly nasty. In church however I am tactful and ask difficult questions, however I phrase them differently. Is there anyone else that finds their online behavior being different from out in public?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: How many of you change online?
Sure, i think most people are having different behaviors in front of there Monitors then in real life.
And they are also sure more rude in the anonymity of the internet.
Its one thing to hammer on religion or something else thats once not like, and a complet different story to have a face to face conversation about the subject.
I am surely a good example myself.
I tend to be emotional in my responses, when i am in a forum like this.
If i am in a debate with someone right in front of me, i try to be rational and efficient in my argumentations.
But thats common sense, i think.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
03-09-2012, 02:41 AM
I do not debate vocally, I am shy and my voice often cracks, or often I'll say something in a odd way. I've had people (some playful, some intended with malice) mimic the way I speak (my southern slur) so I don't do debates vocally. Only in text now. But my debating days are rather short since I am impatient.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
03-09-2012, 02:46 AM
I debate the same way vocally as I do online. I am normally reluctant to debate about anything vocally, however, because I fear it will draw negative attention towards my atheism, and my family.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
03-09-2012, 03:18 AM
I am not debating atheism in real life. Not only because I can't pay attention to things I find boring, but also because my brain will turn off the moment people talk too much BS. So I am not a good discussion partner on this because I do encounter both when a debate is with a religious person: boring and people talk too much BS.
My brain does not let me Big Grin And I am thankful for that haha

But in general my debate style online and in real life are the same. Of course in real life I will swear less if I don't know the person I am debating.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2012, 03:25 AM
If you are an atheist why the hell are you going to church??

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-09-2012, 03:50 AM
(03-09-2012 03:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you are an atheist why the hell are you going to church??

I married a theist.
03-09-2012, 03:52 AM
(03-09-2012 03:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 03:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you are an atheist why the hell are you going to church??

I married a theist.

Should I give my congratulations orcondolences?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
03-09-2012, 04:00 AM
(03-09-2012 03:52 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 03:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I married a theist.

Should I give my congratulations orcondolences?

I hate this mentality that the two are incompatible. Dodgy

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
03-09-2012, 04:09 AM
(03-09-2012 04:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 03:52 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Should I give my congratulations orcondolences?

I hate this mentality that the two are incompatible. Dodgy

[Image: SH.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Question's post