How many of you change online?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2012, 04:13 AM
RE: How many of you change online?
(03-09-2012 04:09 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 04:00 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I hate this mentality that the two are incompatible. Dodgy

[Image: SH.png]

[Image: 133004642951.png]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
03-09-2012, 04:18 AM
(03-09-2012 04:13 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 04:09 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  [Image: SH.png]

[Image: 133004642951.png]

[Image: images.jpg]

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
03-09-2012, 04:30 AM
(03-09-2012 03:52 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 03:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I married a theist.

Should I give my congratulations orcondolences?

I would say give congrats. My wife is pretty rational, despite being a theist. She is hanging on to theism due to having lost 2 cousins to genetic dis-orders. I don't agree, however I understand. Although we disagree on some things, we have agreed on what is most important. We want our kids to think freely and not just accept everything that is told to them. I have reserved the right to tell my kids what I believe to be the truth about religion. I will not put pressure on them or just plain make fun of religion. I will however answer their questions on my own beliefs and offer advice. Likewise my wife will not teach religion as fact. She will also answer their questions as truthfully as possible and we will let them decide what they believe and why.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
03-09-2012, 04:31 AM
(03-09-2012 04:30 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 03:52 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Should I give my congratulations orcondolences?

I would say give congrats. My wife is pretty rational, despite being a theist. She is hanging on to theism due to having lost 2 cousins to genetic dis-orders. I don't agree, however I understand. Although we disagree on some things, we have agreed on what is most important. We want our kids to think freely and not just accept everything that is told to them. I have reserved the right to tell my kids what I believe to be the truth about religion. I will not put pressure on them or just plain make fun of religion. I will however answer their questions on my own beliefs and offer advice. Likewise my wife will not teach religion as fact. She will also answer their questions as truthfully as possible and we will let them decide what they believe and why.
That's pretty cool, I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. Most of the time these kinds of set ups fall apart.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
03-09-2012, 04:34 AM
I get the feeling it is due to the church my wife likes to attend. They are pretty open minded about me.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
03-09-2012, 04:56 AM
(03-09-2012 03:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 03:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you are an atheist why the hell are you going to church??

I married a theist.

That doesn't answer the question.

I'm sure she is a big girl, she doesn't need to hold your hand.

You say your marriage is open etc.. but she makes you go to church? If your wife can't understand that you are an atheist (and hence are not 'required' to go to church) then how do you expect her to be with your child? Sure she says we'll raise him freethinking now...

To me it just sounds like you need to sack up a bit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
03-09-2012, 05:09 AM
(03-09-2012 04:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 03:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I married a theist.

That doesn't answer the question.

I'm sure she is a big girl, she doesn't need to hold your hand.

You say your marriage is open etc.. but she makes you go to church? If your wife can't understand that you are an atheist (and hence are not 'required' to go to church) then how do you expect her to be with your child? Sure she says we'll raise him freethinking now...

To me it just sounds like you need to sack up a bit.

Actually I go to spend time with her. I work crazy hours. I never have more than 24 hours in a row off of work anymore and she works days. She wants to go to church on occassion, not every sunday and I go to have more time with her.
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
03-09-2012, 09:01 AM
I tend to be much more cynical and disrespectful online. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
03-09-2012, 09:06 AM
As a goodly bit of communication is non-verbal, of course one debates differently irl. Sillies. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm an asshole in real life - on-line, warm and fuzzy Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Seasbury's post