How many of you change online?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2012, 09:36 AM
RE: How many of you change online?
More terse.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Of course I change online. We got laws about being drunk in public in my jurisdiction.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Online I'm more likely to say that someone is stupid or their ideas are ignorant.
In person, I would probably say "That's an interesting point of view, but what do you think about this"
then I would give them some story that I hope would make them think a bit more about their world view.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
03-09-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm the same anywhere I am Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
03-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I am me. And me is I.

In reality I am the same and the only people I am different around are my inlaws because they are fans of evil.. I mean jebus.

Otherwise I get less flak in real life then I do online, likely because people don't like getting punched in the face. Also I enjoy pie less in real life simply because it is highly fattening.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
03-09-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm basically the same online as I am in person, of course I do have a habit of writing similar to my speaking style. Part of that is something I'm writing though.

The only thing that is different would be I can read the other person's reactions, so online I might ask more questions than in person--as I could tell in person that a harmless question or comment could receive a "evil" like look. Like with one person who had a "kill them!" look when I mentioned the word atheist (not involving me, just the word in a list of people's beliefs or lack thereof). So.... I knew not to say anything more of the atheist type of thing, and be overly cautious when asking anything (harmless things that don't question the validity of the beliefs, but may make her question things), and still not asking anything direct (something that questions her beliefs).

Online, shy of here, I either avoid religion, or ask things in a neutral-like way. But then I have so many pagans, christians, atheists, etc as friends places online--so it doesn't come up much.... other than on facebook.... and I ignore that stuff.
03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Online is different for me than offline.

In agreement with Lucradis, I don't want to get punched in the face, and certainly don't want to bust my knuckles.

My writing skills are better than my vocal skills. I think it's partly because my memory isn't as good without constant reassurance from google. Thank you, FSM for the interwebz, and all its nutty goodness. Big Grin

This pretty much explains it (at 1:55, since I can't get to the second youtube posts on this site)

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
03-09-2012, 08:53 PM
How many of you change online?
I'm prettier online. Girl_nails

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
03-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't do anything deceiving or overtly aggressive in either form.

I do enjoy asking questions especially when it comes to boiling down why someone does something. The major difference is really that I'll give up easier in real life and just accept a more okay it's just what you think and what I think even though we never got to the bottom of why.

Yet online I will go on and on. I do that I suppose with a few close people so it's really about how I know the person in real life and if i don't care online I will keep going until I have them or me see the reasoning.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I do hold back much on facebook. I'm the same in here as I am with my wife and kids tho. Things wouldn't work if I couldn't be myself at home. The Mrs. doesn't attend church anymore but still believes in God. Although she concedes many of my points in such discussions she still finds it hard to let go completely. I guess I am different around my mother and siblings. I never talk about certain things with them. They know I've left the church but are still holding out hope for me.