How many of you go to church?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 06:25 PM
How many of you go to church?
(12-08-2012 02:10 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ok this is the wife. I am not delusional nor do I drink the kool-ade as one of you put it. I believe what I do because of where life has taken me. Yes My husband has explained to me what he believes, I still believe in God and Jesus and heaven and hell. you all want him to change me well I want to change him. If any of you went throw half the shit I went throw you would be on my side. This is all I have to say.

Well I guess we know how the original question about whether or not to tell the Mrs. went. Big Grin

Welcome to the circus, BirdGal. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-08-2012, 06:41 PM
RE: How many of you go to church?
(08-08-2012 11:27 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I also went to lunch with him one day to talk and the last thing he said to me before we went separate ways was "To tell you the truth, I am really more of an agnostic.".

Also, should I hide something like that from my wife if he is honest with me?

Yes tell her what he said, and yes, feel free to suggest a follow-up meeting if you're interested.

Keep in mind that many clergy are skilled manipulators. Don't allow his confiding (inappropriately) in you turn you into a co-conspirator.
12-08-2012, 06:46 PM
(12-08-2012 06:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 02:10 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ok this is the wife. I am not delusional nor do I drink the kool-ade as one of you put it. I believe what I do because of where life has taken me. Yes My husband has explained to me what he believes, I still believe in God and Jesus and heaven and hell. you all want him to change me well I want to change him. If any of you went throw half the shit I went throw you would be on my side. This is all I have to say.

Well I guess we know how the original question about whether or not to tell the Mrs. went. Big Grin

Welcome to the circus, BirdGal. Thumbsup

I see the welcome birdgal at the end there. The bird constantly makes a certain sound while my wife is nearby, just to piss her off. I really wish they would get along better.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
12-08-2012, 06:50 PM
As to the original question, I think my last time in a church was about eight years ago for a funeral. In fact, I am pretty sure the last several times I have been in a church have been for funerals or weddings. The last time I went to mass just to go to mass was in the early 80s and found out after I got there that I had chosen the Spanish mass...I didn't have a clue what was being said, I took that as a sign, I left and have never gone again for a regular service.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Yep, weddings and funerals. And sometimes I tag along for Christmas because its pretty and I like the songs.

My Year Of the Bible - A blog on reading the Bible

Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground.
- Terry Pratchett
12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Exclamation RE: How many of you go to church?
Ok Birdguy1979 said I had to get my own and Birdgal did not fit I only marred the bird freak. I love him no matter what he believes Heart . There are a few things I need to clear up. And yall are just going to have to deal with my spelling and gramer. I know I can't spell no one needs to point it out as I have seen on other forums. Thank you for that now.Angel
[+] 1 user Likes pawprints1985's post
12-08-2012, 07:15 PM
(08-08-2012 11:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Depends on how much of the Kool-aid she's been drinking.
This is who I was saying I don't drink any kool-aid to.
12-08-2012, 07:28 PM
(09-08-2012 12:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Certainly seek some clarity about the dude's position before exposing the hypocrisy to your wife.

But the real question is... do you want to bring her out of her delusion? I suspect that if you want to change her, you would not have married her. In which case, an inward chuckle at the irony of the situation will have to satisfy you.

I am not delusional. I am open minded and very grounded, my head in not in the clouds by any stretch of the imagination. I have lisoned to what my husband has to say and I just disagree. But that's not why we got marred. He really is my other half and I am his. We are in love witch is what a marriage should be all about.
12-08-2012, 07:46 PM
(12-08-2012 07:28 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  I am not delusional. I am open minded and very grounded, my head in not in the clouds by any stretch of the imagination. I have lisoned to what my husband has to say and I just disagree. But that's not why we got marred. He really is my other half and I am his. We are in love witch is what a marriage should be all about.

Welcome to the marriage contract footprints. Your husband realizes that the promise of a postmortem preservation is completely untenable bullshit. You don't. Don't mean you can't make beautiful babies together. I did with ManlyGirl. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-08-2012, 07:55 PM
(12-08-2012 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 07:28 PM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  I am not delusional. I am open minded and very grounded, my head in not in the clouds by any stretch of the imagination. I have lisoned to what my husband has to say and I just disagree. But that's not why we got marred. He really is my other half and I am his. We are in love witch is what a marriage should be all about.

Welcome to the marriage contract footprints. Your husband realizes that the promise of a postmortem preservation is completely untenable bullshit. You don't. Don't mean you can't make beautiful babies together. I did with ManlyGirl. Wink

You need proof that it does exest well I need proof that it doesn't.