How many people has the U.S. government singled out and murdered?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
18-12-2013, 02:48 AM
RE: How many people has the U.S. government singled out and murdered?
(18-12-2013 02:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Our government, as terrifying as it's rampant and unlimited data collection and snooping is, is tempered by one simple fact.

Our government is inept as all fucking hell.

The NSA is too busy spying in on World of Warcraft and Second Life to actually be able to kill anyone that requires more than a blind drone strike. Dodgy

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/tech/web/n...deo-games/

Shit.
Maybe their heard my plans to massacre all the guards in Lumbridge. My plan is foiled!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 03:03 AM
is it possible to put a thread on ignore?
18-12-2013, 03:04 AM
(18-12-2013 03:03 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  is it possible to put a thread on ignore?

I wish I could put a could threads on ignore, but I don't know if that exists.

You can unsubscribe from a thread though.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-12-2013, 03:09 AM
oh I am definitely not subscribed to this one.
I just always click on the 'Today's posts' button rather than scrolling through the categories on the main page... and well, I just don't care about this one. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
18-12-2013, 04:40 AM
I'm sorry this is too tough to understand. Unfortunately what the U.S. government wants you to believe is false. And we still have the evidence. That means that you are going to be faced with the reality at some point by a child with a computer. This is supposed to be the thinking atheist forum? Where is the progress?
18-12-2013, 05:42 AM
(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  I'm sorry this is too tough to understand.

What's so hard to understand?

(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  Unfortunately what the U.S. government wants you to believe is false.

What exactly does the US government want me to believe?

(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  And we still have the evidence.

Evidence of what?

(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  That means that you are going to be faced with the reality at some point by a child with a computer.

What reality could a child on a computer possibly present to me?

(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  This is supposed to be the thinking atheist forum? Where is the progress?

Well it is a forum primarily for atheists to gather and discuss but it's not exclusively atheist...
As for the progress part; progress on what? Not like we can do much about anything.

18-12-2013, 08:27 AM
(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  I'm sorry this is too tough to understand.

You think you cracked the JFK case based on image manipulation you did on your computer. You think finding artifacts in a compressed digital photo actually means something.

There's very little to understand.

(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  Unfortunately what the U.S. government wants you to believe is false.

If you begin by assuming that premise, you're incorrigible.

(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  And we still have the evidence.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  That means that you are going to be faced with the reality at some point by a child with a computer. This is supposed to be the thinking atheist forum? Where is the progress?

Funnily enough, a common tendency to rationalism and skepticism make us rather disinclined to buy into such nonsensical conspiracist tosh.

The occasional drive-by special guest notwithstanding.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-12-2013, 05:32 AM
(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  I'm sorry this is too tough to understand. Unfortunately what the U.S. government wants you to believe is false. And we still have the evidence.
Who is we? What definitive evidence do we have? The photos you posted are extremely vague.
06-06-2014, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 01:14 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(18-12-2013 02:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Our government, as terrifying as it's rampant and unlimited data collection and snooping is, is tempered by one simple fact.

Our government is inept as all fucking hell.

The NSA is too busy spying in on World of Warcraft and Second Life to actually be able to kill anyone that requires more than a blind drone strike. Dodgy

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/tech/web/n...deo-games/

Conspiracy theorists nearly always rely on retardedly convoluted and nonsensical plots as an explanation for how the powers that be manage to influence events.

Their conception of how the government functions has about as much semblance to reality as Narnia does. You don't need to keep up a monthly quota of dozens of egregiously maniacal schemes in order to maintain power. Constant massacring of one's own citizens, indiscriminate internal assassination plots, secret meetings with reptilian shape-shifters, and master minding all acts of domestic terrorism; none of these are effective means of asserting your influence and securing your authority. If anything, it requires a level of competence virtually unseen from our government. Furthermore, if the government met the competency required to get away with these absurdly intricate and overreaching plots to the point where we wouldn't have all these people living in their parents' basements ostensibly "revealing" said plots, they wouldn't have a REASON to resort to such excesses since they would have their act together enough to rule without the need for a constant stream of ridiculously high-risk gambits.

This is not to say that the government is a goodie two-shoes that never violates the basic rights and sensibilities of its citizens, it has a rather extensive track record of that. The problem is that conspiracy theorists take it way too far and tend to not understand what constitutes as a plausible motivation, nor do they seem to recognize more obvious and grounded problems that are more profoundly impacting the country. It's true that the government would prefer a population that has difficulty connecting the dots, but the dyed-in-wool crackpots are connecting dots that don't even exist, and I believe that's the crux of the divide. I don't disregard 90% of conspiracies because I'm a blind sheep that obeys every word the government says, I disregard them because I prefer to focus on real issues with our government, not paranoid, delusional drivel that might as well be the equivalent of donning armor to fight the magical boogeymen dwelling under our beds as if we were five years old again.

A more reasonable person would observe that the government has a tendency to screw the pooch on a regular basis. Conspiracy theorists seem to be convinced that the only way for the government to get their rocks off is to screw the whole barnyard.

It makes me wonder; maybe conspiracy theorists are a conspiracy by the government to make people who question authority appear to be absolute cretins. Consider

Edit: I'm really confused....I thought somebody had posted a more recent post than the last one. I'll chalk it up as a conspiracy committed by the forum team to guide me into convincing myself I'm losing my marbles. Because that's clearly just the most rational assumption to make.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
06-06-2014, 01:26 PM
(06-06-2014 01:08 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Edit: I'm really confused....I thought somebody had posted a more recent post than the last one. I'll chalk it up as a conspiracy committed by the forum team to guide me into convincing myself I'm losing my marbles. Because that's clearly just the most rational assumption to make.

That was a different thread, but well said regardless. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post