How many people has the U.S. government singled out and murdered?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-06-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: How many people has the U.S. government singled out and murdered?
(06-06-2014 01:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 01:08 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Edit: I'm really confused....I thought somebody had posted a more recent post than the last one. I'll chalk it up as a conspiracy committed by the forum team to guide me into convincing myself I'm losing my marbles. Because that's clearly just the most rational assumption to make.

That was a different thread, but well said regardless. Thumbsup

Both are batshit anyway. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2014, 02:16 PM
(18-12-2013 04:40 AM)johnreynaga Wrote:  I'm sorry this is too tough to understand. Unfortunately what the U.S. government wants you to believe is false. And we still have the evidence. That means that you are going to be faced with the reality at some point by a child with a computer. This is supposed to be the thinking atheist forum? Where is the progress?

oh? well dazzle me with your brilliance oh conspiracy theorist, just make sure you unplug your tv so we can't reverse the polarity and spy on you via the speaker....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
06-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Holy balls. This thread is still going? Did someone break out the Necronomicon?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
06-06-2014, 06:42 PM
(06-06-2014 06:13 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Holy balls. This thread is still going? Did someone break out the Necronomicon?

fuckin' Tartarus started it again.

WHY!?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-06-2014, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 07:13 PM by sporehux.)
(06-06-2014 06:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-06-2014 06:13 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Holy balls. This thread is still going? Did someone break out the Necronomicon?

fuckin' Tartarus started it again.
WHY!?!

Tartarus is an NSA stooge, word came down that the conspiarcy debunking post counts were too low.

Conspiracies usually have a small grain of truth in them that can lead to an actual conspiracy,
Like the "a plane never crashed into the pentagon" conspiracy resulted in the the shocking truth that the DOD has really shitty security cameras that never had the frame rate to capture the crash.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
09-06-2014, 07:28 PM
I can't believe I never saw this thread before. The US Government murdered Abe Lincoln?! Man, there are some really crazy and stupid people in the world.

Lunacy aside, it is an interesting topic and the question is not withour merit. I can name a few examples of where the government (US or otherwise) murdered people. I define "murder" as kill without the benefit of due process of law and "government" as an agent of the government acting in his official capacity.

Anyway, some examples:
1. Many of the Depression Era bank robbers were basically summarily executed. John Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, Baby Face Nelson, the Barkers, Bonnie & Clyde. Most of them were gunned down without ever being given a chance to even surrender by the early J Edgar Hoover FBI (Bonnie and Clyde were ambushed and killed by the Texas Rangers - the real ones, not the baseball team). Most of these people were violent criminals who most likely would not have been taken alive or, if captured, would likely have been put to death for their crimes. But, the point is that agents of the government just basically found and killed them.

And, not all of them were actually criminals. A lot has been made in pop cultuer over "Ma" Barker and her "gang". The popular story is she ran a gang that included her sons and Alvin Karpis. That story was created by the FBI about a day after they gunned her and her son down in a house in Florida. They surrounded the house and just started shooting in to it until there was no movement. When the smoke cleared and they checked the house they found one dead wanted man, and his elderly mother. So, Hoover than created the mythology about how she was a criminal mastermind. There is no evidence to back that up, though, and plenty to suggest it's not true.

2. Ruby Ridge - the ATF and US Marshalls went to arrest Randy Weaver and basically started shooting. They killed his son and his wife.

3. The Branch Davidians - they government didn't exactly kill David Koresh and his followers but they did start a seige that resulted in an armed stand-off and, when they rushed the place like a month later, Koresh and his followers lit the place on fire and they all died in the ensuing inferno.

4. American citizen and Al Queda operative Anwar Al-Awlaki and his 16 year old son. This one has been well publicized but the short version is Obama has a list of Americans he has decided he can kill without any due process and, to prove he is not afraid to kill these people, he killed one. And his son. Whoops.

So, it does happen.

The killing of gangsters in the 1930s was romanced at the time and presented as acts of bravery by gallant FBI agents in danger and not what it was - executions of suspected criminals by the government. It set the stage for decades of abuse by the Hoover run FBI, who committed all sorts of crimes against Americans and, I believe, contributed to the permissive attitude from the government today when it comes to issues of privacy and protecting the rights of US citizens from domestic spying. I don't know that if we had taken a stand in the 1930s things would have been different, but I do think if we held people responsible then, and we carried that tradition forward, we would be less likely to see the things we've learned about today.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post