How many people here think that Confucianism is a religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: How many people here think that Confucianism is a religion?
Hey, Jedah.

Sacrilege! I said Civ V was THE shit, not SHITTY! It's awesome! Eliminating unit stacking makes things interesting and a little scary.

On the Confucian Atheist tip, I suppose that's correct. If you aren't one, what are you?

And I'd still like to hear what Confucianism means to you if you have the time.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 06:26 PM by Jedah.)
(02-05-2012 05:30 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Jedah.

Sacrilege! I said Civ V was THE shit, not SHITTY! It's awesome! Eliminating unit stacking makes things interesting and a little scary.

On the Confucian Atheist tip, I suppose that's correct. If you aren't one, what are you?

And I'd still like to hear what Confucianism means to you if you have the time.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

OMG ... I totally misunderstand that sentence. Forgive me, I am an ESL after all. Weeping

1. I do agree that Civ5 is fun in military part, but as a whole I REALLY dont feel the joy as much as I played other Civilization series.

2. Don't get it wrong. I am an anti-Confucianist. Confucianism poisoned my people for over 2K years and still continues. I seriously dont think it should be a doctrine in our education (but unfortunately, it is).

3. A Confucianist can also be an Atheist without problem because Confucius actually told people to stay away from those gods & ghosts stuffs. Plus, Confucianism is not a religion.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
02-05-2012, 08:52 PM
(02-05-2012 01:51 PM)Jedah Wrote:  HUMANISM is a RELIGION ? Can anyone explain this for me ?

If there is a rule to be observed: then it is a religion…. you agree?

Humanism observes the Golden Rule as well.

“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
~ Confucius
02-05-2012, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 09:09 PM by Jedah.)
(02-05-2012 08:52 PM)ahoy Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 01:51 PM)Jedah Wrote:  HUMANISM is a RELIGION ? Can anyone explain this for me ?

If there is a rule to be observed: then it is a religion…. you agree?

~ Confucius

No, I dont.
Like I mentioned before, how about Nazism, Communism, Capitalism, Feminism, and ATHEISM then ?????

As for that quote from Confucius, according to my memory I have never seem similar description in Chinese version. Would you mind telling me where u got this?

- Oscar Wilde
02-05-2012, 09:07 PM
It's an ethical system based on the teaching of Confucious.
Not a religion, but often stands in place of one, which may be causing the "confucion".

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
02-05-2012, 09:23 PM
(02-05-2012 09:02 PM)Jedah Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 08:52 PM)ahoy Wrote:  If there is a rule to be observed: then it is a religion…. you agree?

~ Confucius

No, I dont.

Ok.

(02-05-2012 09:02 PM)Jedah Wrote:  As for that quote from Confucius, according to my memory I have never seem similar description in Chinese version. Would you mind telling me where u got this?

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/life_is_...01092.html
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 09:48 PM by Jedah.)
(02-05-2012 09:07 PM)Thomas Wrote:  It's an ethical system based on the teaching of Confucious.
Not a religion, but often stands in place of one, which may be causing the "confucion".

Indeed.

I must say that in our traditional concept, the boundary between philosophy & religion is not that clear. I mentioned on last reply that Chinese almost worship ANYTHING for EVERYTHING.

Same problem even worse on Taoism. If you study Taoism (philosophy) you will find religious Taoism is actually hilarious. Both religious Confucianism (which I don't even know it exists) and religious Taoism have nothing to do with philosophy. They are simply the mixes of Chinese folk customs & superstitions with a brand of "Confucius" or "Tao".

You can say that Confucianism is a political appeal, some sort of philosophy, or bunch of non-sense bullshit, but it is NOT a religion, just like no one would say that Marxism is a religion.

(02-05-2012 09:23 PM)ahoy Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 09:02 PM)Jedah Wrote:  As for that quote from Confucius, according to my memory I have never seem similar description in Chinese version. Would you mind telling me where u got this?

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/life_is_...01092.html

It doesnt indicate this quote from which book of Confucius. I simply cant recall anything similar, too.

- Oscar Wilde