How many people you know are religious? What are general attitudes towards them?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2013 05:15 AM by Chaos.)
RE: How many people you know are religious? What are general attitudes towards them?
My both parents are religious, though my mom doesn't go to church, doesn't pray or anything that has to do with christianity, yet she still says she believes in god. Angel
In rest, most of people I know are christians, or believe in some form of energy Confused

The only atheist people I know are one of my uncles from my mother's side and a friend from Facebook. Laughat

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: How many people you know are religious? What are general attitudes towards them?
(16-04-2013 10:16 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 09:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I would say 95% of my friends are religious. I think I have two or three Atheist friends. But we don't discuss religion and I just shy away from discussions about it. Like on Facebook.

They kinda know I'm atheist...I don't hide it...but I'm careful about what I post on Facebook and what I say....

I am more than careful on FB because about 90% of my FB friends are extended family. I avoid the issue completely and never say a word one way or the other. I don't need added stress in my life right now.

I've got a few friends that I've known for years on Fb and I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings....Of course that means that I have to filter through much of their own god crap...But that stuff doesn't actually hurt my feelings at all...I don't care about it. and it's easy enough to unsubscribe from most of their posts, without having to "unfriend" them.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

17-04-2013, 04:35 PM
How many people you know are religious? What are general attitudes towards them?
(17-04-2013 10:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 10:16 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I am more than careful on FB because about 90% of my FB friends are extended family. I avoid the issue completely and never say a word one way or the other. I don't need added stress in my life right now.

I've got a few friends that I've known for years on Fb and I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings....Of course that means that I have to filter through much of their own god crap...But that stuff doesn't actually hurt my feelings at all...I don't care about it. and it's easy enough to unsubscribe from most of their posts, without having to "unfriend" them.

On The Book of Faces I see good god crap and bad god crap. I don't tend to find either particularly offensive. It's the political stuff I can't tolerate. I love to filter those out. =)
17-04-2013, 07:09 PM
i have 1 -2 possible atheists, but more of apatheists that i know. everyone else..... christian. barring my dad, who is agnostic, my sis and brother are both christian. my mom is an apatheist. all of my friends, barring the 2 apatheists, are christians. i am seriously surrounded by christians on every possible front. fortunately, they are laid back christians who really don't care.
17-04-2013, 07:38 PM
(17-04-2013 07:09 PM)Rinying Wrote:  i have 1 -2 possible atheists, but more of apatheists that i know. everyone else..... christian. barring my dad, who is agnostic, my sis and brother are both christian. my mom is an apatheist. all of my friends, barring the 2 apatheists, are christians. i am seriously surrounded by christians on every possible front. fortunately, they are laid back christians who really don't care.

Possibly...Honey Badger Christians? =O
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
17-04-2013, 08:00 PM
(17-04-2013 07:38 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:09 PM)Rinying Wrote:  i have 1 -2 possible atheists, but more of apatheists that i know. everyone else..... christian. barring my dad, who is agnostic, my sis and brother are both christian. my mom is an apatheist. all of my friends, barring the 2 apatheists, are christians. i am seriously surrounded by christians on every possible front. fortunately, they are laid back christians who really don't care.

Possibly...Honey Badger Christians? =O
Erx is gonna be so sad you beat him to that. Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
17-04-2013, 08:18 PM
(17-04-2013 08:00 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:38 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Possibly...Honey Badger Christians? =O
Erx is gonna be so sad you beat him to that. :P

/highfive
17-04-2013, 08:27 PM
(17-04-2013 08:18 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 08:00 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Erx is gonna be so sad you beat him to that. Tongue

/highfive

*highfives back*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]