How many people you know brought up Obama after the Boston bombing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: How many people you know brought up Obama after the Boston bombing?
(16-04-2013 10:47 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 11:27 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I'm still completely baffled and blown away
You are baffled and what?
Drinking Beverage

Poor choice of words for the circumstances?

I should have also asked where you all live. I would guess that the bulk of the people that heard "Nobama" slurs reside in a red state. I heard them in Ohio.

It's less a stereotype than it is a refusal to say "some Republicans, specifically highly religious evangelical Protestants and Baptists, albeit not all Republicans occasionally do this" instead of "Republicans do this."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 07:34 PM
(15-04-2013 11:27 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ...
Next election, I'm voting a Republican into office just so we can demonstrate how rational citizens behave when the opposing party wins office.

Laughat

Really? 'Cause lefties reacted just swell when Bush won over Gore. According to some on the far loopy left, Bush was simultaneously retarded and an evil genius who pulled off 911 so he could get back at Saddam Hussein for trying to assassinate his father. Bush was an evil trampler of civil liberties--but go and point out how Obama took those same policies and made them even more extreme, and then it's time to change the subject.

Partisan idiocy is a bi-partisan quality. Don't think otherwise.
16-04-2013, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2013 07:55 PM by Buddy Christ.)
(16-04-2013 07:34 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 11:27 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ...
Next election, I'm voting a Republican into office just so we can demonstrate how rational citizens behave when the opposing party wins office.

Laughat

Really? 'Cause lefties reacted just swell when Bush won over Gore. According to some on the far loopy left, Bush was simultaneously retarded and an evil genius who pulled off 911 so he could get back at Saddam Hussein for trying to assassinate his father. Bush was an evil trampler of civil liberties--but go and point out how Obama took those same policies and made them even more extreme, and then it's time to change the subject.

Partisan idiocy is a bi-partisan quality. Don't think otherwise.

I hear that all the time as a response. "Well Democrats did the same thing to Bush." Bush was literally a retarded person. He could lose a game of Words With Friends to a 3rd grader. He incorporated the Patriot Act and the "pull over people for looking Mexican" act in Arizona. So he did trample liberties. "Well Obama continued the..." I still have yet to promote or praise or defend Obama, and yet you can't criticize the deserving-of-criticism Bush without hearing about Obama. Shifting the focus and red herrings clogging up my debate filters.

Which is pretty much my point. Bush was criticized for Bush's actions. Obama is criticized when a bomb explodes during a race or for simply being black or "not Christian enough." Bush gets judged for not getting help to Hurricane Katrina victims. Obama gets judged for not personally showing up on the shores of the oil spill with some paper towels in hand.

Rational critique and obsessive delusions, the two are different things.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
16-04-2013, 08:07 PM
(16-04-2013 07:45 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I hear that all the time as a response. "Well Democrats did the same thing to Bush." Bush was literally a retarded person.

see..there goes the personal attacks.

Quote:He could lose a game of Words With Friends to a 3rd grader. He incorporated the Patriot Act and the "pull over people for looking Mexican" act in Arizona.

Ummm..."pull people over for looking Mexican"? You serious? Bush was the one Republican trying to pass immigration reform and was shot down by the extremes of his party.

Quote:So he did trample liberties. "Well Obama continued the..." I still have yet to promote or praise or defend or mention Obama, and yet you can't criticize the deserving-of-criticism Bush without hearing about Obama. Shifting the focus and red herrings clogging up my debate filters.

See...change the subject.

Quote:Which is pretty much my point. Bush was criticized for Bush's actions. Obama is criticized when a bomb explodes during a race or for simply being black or "not Christian enough." Bush gets judged for not getting help to Hurricane Katrina victims. Obama gets judged for not personally showing up on the shores of the oil spill with some paper towels in hand.

Left wingers accused Bush of racism for failing to fix a flooded city swept out to see by a hurricane. Right wingers accused Obama of using the oil spill to block domestic oil production across the board--not far from the truth for a while anyway, and not entirely inappropriate until the permit process could be reviewed to prevent similar incidents from happening again.

See what both sides did that was unfair in the above paragraph? The actions were criticized not on their merits, but rather by their motivations. That is partisan hackery, and I think your post is another good example of it.
16-04-2013, 08:18 PM
(16-04-2013 08:07 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 07:45 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I hear that all the time as a response. "Well Democrats did the same thing to Bush." Bush was literally a retarded person.

see..there goes the personal attacks.

Quote:He could lose a game of Words With Friends to a 3rd grader. He incorporated the Patriot Act and the "pull over people for looking Mexican" act in Arizona.

Ummm..."pull people over for looking Mexican"? You serious? Bush was the one Republican trying to pass immigration reform and was shot down by the extremes of his party.

Quote:So he did trample liberties. "Well Obama continued the..." I still have yet to promote or praise or defend or mention Obama, and yet you can't criticize the deserving-of-criticism Bush without hearing about Obama. Shifting the focus and red herrings clogging up my debate filters.

See...change the subject.

Quote:Which is pretty much my point. Bush was criticized for Bush's actions. Obama is criticized when a bomb explodes during a race or for simply being black or "not Christian enough." Bush gets judged for not getting help to Hurricane Katrina victims. Obama gets judged for not personally showing up on the shores of the oil spill with some paper towels in hand.

Left wingers accused Bush of racism for failing to fix a flooded city swept out to see by a hurricane. Right wingers accused Obama of using the oil spill to block domestic oil production across the board--not far from the truth for a while anyway, and not entirely inappropriate until the permit process could be reviewed to prevent similar incidents from happening again.

See what both sides did that was unfair in the above paragraph? The actions were criticized not on their merits, but rather by their motivations. That is partisan hackery, and I think your post is another good example of it.

Umm no iirc Bush was criticised for putting a lackey in charge of FEMA and starting an unnecessary war. Oh and the patriot act and tax cuts that exploded the national debt. Alienating nearly every ally and reducing the diplomacy of America to a cliche in a western "You're either with us or you're against us!". Nominating his cleaning woman for a spot on the Supreme court and Bolton for the UN. Haliburton, no bid contracts in Iraq, torture, violating the Geneva Convention. I think I am missing a few. The Bush Presidency was a train wreck and to say that criticising him for all that is the same as the race baiting going on from the extreme right is just down right insulting.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post