Poll: How many years AFTER THE AGE OF 10 were you a theist??
I am still a theist
I've gone back and forth, but still theist
0 (been atheist since 10)
1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51+
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How many years of theism did you endure.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
02-02-2016, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 12:56 PM by enochian.)
RE: How many years of theism did you endure.
(02-02-2016 12:48 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  What types of magic do your gods do?

Being a Buddhist, the devas just chill in their level of reality.

Sorta of like extraterrestrials.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2016, 01:56 PM
"An unfalsifiable nebulously-interventionist deity that can't be coherently defined and which I take on faith is one thing, but an unfalsifiable nebulously-interventionist deity that can't be coherently defined and which I take on faith and which originated my observable reality is a step too far!"

I do not see what is reasonable about this position.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
02-02-2016, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 04:38 PM by Szuchow.)
(02-02-2016 12:46 PM)enochian Wrote:  A Creator is more ridiculous than a bunch of non-creator deities.

A Creator makes no sense.

Creator may be more ridiculous but that doesn't mean that existence of other deities is reasonable.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-02-2016, 04:36 PM
I started doubting the faith I was raised in around age 11 or twelve, realized I was an atheist at about 16.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-02-2016, 07:09 AM
* Goes to vote. Realizes I already voted because this thread is 15 months old. *

Although, I am happy to be religion-free for about five years, now!
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
13-02-2016, 05:18 AM
(29-07-2014 10:48 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  EDIT: believing in god(s) and actually acting religious (worship, rules, church, blah) are separate. You lose your theism when you stop positively believing that god(s) exist.

untill I was 8 years old, I went believed god was true, and I went to church (ones a year, because I had to) and prayed. after I was about 9 years old, I was an atheist.

The best thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be wrong.

The worst thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be right.
13-02-2016, 05:35 AM
None.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.