How may things should you have n your life.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2018, 06:46 PM
How may things should you have n your life.?
I have been wondering. I think I have to much on my plate to do.... all of it self imposed goals. that and hobbies. plus obligation. this has gotten me thinking. how many things should you have in your life. for example. three goals and two hobbies.. leaving x room in your life for obligations. that kind of thing. I do know there are other areas but you get the idea.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: How may things should you have n your life.?
I just kinda go with the flow of life. If there's too much on my plate I give some of it to the dog.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-02-2018, 06:53 PM
100% of it I cannot give to someone else without money.

16-02-2018, 06:55 PM
I think it depends a lot on where you are in your life. If you have kids and a job and a house to take care of, you have a lot on your plate and it can be hard to fit in time and energy for hobbies and simple relaxation.

A lot of people end up later in life taking care of grandchildren or their own parents.

A younger person with school, activities, and maybe a job has a whole other kind of life to balance.

There are too many variables to say you should have a certain number of things in your life. Sometimes you just have to figure out how to get done all the things you 'have' to get done while still allowing time to have some time to do things you want to do.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-02-2018, 07:02 PM
(16-02-2018 06:46 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I have been wondering. I think I have to much on my plate to do.... all of it self imposed goals. that and hobbies. plus obligation. this has gotten me thinking. how many things should you have in your life. for example. three goals and two hobbies.. leaving x room in your life for obligations. that kind of thing. I do know there are other areas but you get the idea.

It depends on how good you are at juggling. (Hint: You get better with practice.)
Hobo
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
16-02-2018, 07:10 PM
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
16-02-2018, 07:10 PM
The more the merrier.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
16-02-2018, 11:31 PM
Self-imposed goals can get out of hand. If you do something out of a sense of obligation, there's substantial danger of that turning into resentment and unhappiness. I'd pick a primary goal but leave additional goals informal and unscheduled so that you don't feel you have to work on them.

Hobbies can be even more informal unless you're a member of a regular group, like a chess club that meets every Tuesday night. You can work on many small things as the mood hits you, but strive to finish things in a reasonable time frame. If you find you're surrounded by things like half-built airplane models, stacks of unread books or boxes of materials that have been sitting untouched for months, clean house. Finish it or get rid of it. That kind of clutter can really mess up your concentration.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
17-02-2018, 11:04 AM
that's the problem I work on none of them most of the time. It's annoying because I want them all done.

17-02-2018, 11:17 AM
(16-02-2018 06:46 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I have been wondering. I think I have to much on my plate to do.... all of it self imposed goals. that and hobbies. plus obligation. this has gotten me thinking. how many things should you have in your life. for example. three goals and two hobbies.. leaving x room in your life for obligations. that kind of thing. I do know there are other areas but you get the idea.

I code, I cook, I eat, I sleep. So 4. You should have 4 things in your life. Smile

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post