How may things should you have n your life.?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2018, 10:09 AM
RE: How may things should you have n your life.?
Fuck it dude.
Don't sweat it.
Go with the flow.
Like Wild Bill said.
"Some god damn time, a man's due to stop arguing with his self, feeling he's twice the god damn fool he knows he is, because he can't be something he tries to be every God Damn day without once getting to dinner time and not fucking it up. I don't want to fight it no more. You understand me Charlie? And I don't want you pissing in my ear about it. Can you let me go to hell the way I want to?"

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2018, 03:59 AM
Think a few people have said, just go with the flow and see how you're getting on.

I used to have a lot of hobbies/interests back in the day, but these days I pretty much only have time to read a few pages of a book or watch a movie. Everything else becomes a bit of a "when I have the time" sort of thing.

Re: life goals, again it becomes a bit of a "what's more important" sort of thing. I had a lot of goals early on, some that required me to devote 100% of my time to them. But then I met my wife, we got married, had a kid, etc, so those goals basically went in the bin. I'm not bitter about it, it's just how it is sometimes. I know people who've been in my situation now, and said "no, i need to focus on my goals" thus basically sacking off their wives/kids to try and reach their goals.....so again it depends on what you find to be more important in life.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
21-02-2018, 06:40 AM
To me it's more about priorities than numbers. I have more goals than I'll ever be able to accomplish, but I have them broken into manageable pieces and written down with priorities clearly defined and accept that I probably won't get to them all.

'Murican Canadian
21-02-2018, 08:01 PM
(21-02-2018 06:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  To me it's more about priorities than numbers. I have more goals than I'll ever be able to accomplish, but I have them broken into manageable pieces and written down with priorities clearly defined and accept that I probably won't get to them all.

The goal is to have no goals. Ambition is for suckers. Tongue

#sigh
21-02-2018, 08:03 PM
(17-02-2018 11:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I code, I cook, I eat, I sleep. So 4. You should have 4 things in your life. Smile

I've got five. Drinking Beverage

21-02-2018, 08:09 PM
(21-02-2018 08:03 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(17-02-2018 11:17 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I code, I cook, I eat, I sleep. So 4. You should have 4 things in your life. Smile

I've got five. Drinking Beverage

That's cause you ain't 56 yo and been married 33 years, Jerry, then you'll only have 4. ... Wait for it, Jerry. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
21-02-2018, 08:18 PM
(21-02-2018 08:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 08:03 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I've got five. Drinking Beverage

That's cause you ain't 56 yo and been married 33 years, Jerry, then you'll only have 4. ... Wait for it, Jerry. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, such is life. When you're young, you want it to be ten and twenty and thirty, when you're old you just want it to get to zero.

21-02-2018, 08:22 PM
(21-02-2018 08:18 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 08:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's cause you ain't 56 yo and been married 33 years, Jerry, then you'll only have 4. ... Wait for it, Jerry. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, such is life. When you're young, you want it to be ten and twenty and thirty, when you're old you just want it to get to zero.

#sigh
22-02-2018, 07:45 PM
I think it's just about listening to what your body and mind is telling you and stop when things feel like they are getting too much.
This includes being able to say "no" sometimes.
This includes managing your finances and other obligations in a way that important stuff gets done and things are prioritized well.
This includes accepting that you also need "down time" so you can rest effectively.
This includes healthy food and drink.
etc etc.

For me, I am starting to learn my limits at work for example.
Currently I am declining any additional work because I am working on a lot of projects and one of my coworkers will be leaving soon so I will take on their projects as well. So for me it was realizing that I want to do all these great things at work but also knowing that very soon I will have more than ever. So I am saying "no" a lot at work right now.
Outside of work I am learning more about myself as well.
I am an introvert, and that is not news at all, but I am realizing that even if it is exhausting for me to go out and be social, I do need to be social because it helps with my mental health. I feel less depressed and less anxious. For example I have just been out two evenings in a row and I have another evening on Saturday. This will need a lot of recovery time but I totally need this.

Darth Vader