How much do you know about religion? Take the quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2012, 06:09 AM
RE: How much do you know about religion? Take the quiz
(02-05-2012 06:02 AM)shadostr13 Wrote:  It only took about 20 seconds to go through the questions and I got 100% right! It was a total no-brainer.

Ditto. Did you know, 50% of Lutherans cannot state who Martin Luther was. 50% of Catholics do not know what "transubstatiation" means. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 06:16 AM
(01-05-2012 07:09 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 07:00 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Slipped up on the U.S. school laws; never heard of John Edwards..........

I took that quiz a long time ago and missed only the John Edwards one.

Dude, that's Mr. Hellfire and Damnations himself. If you get a chance, read his famous sermon Sinners In The Hands of An Angry God. Next to the Bible it's a great piece to reaffirm your contempt for Yahweh.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
02-05-2012, 06:27 AM
(02-05-2012 06:16 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Dude, that's Mr. Hellfire and Damnations himself. If you get a chance, read his famous sermon Sinners In The Hands of An Angry God. Next to the Bible it's a great piece to reaffirm your contempt for Yahweh.

I've heard of that sermon before, I guess I should just pay more attention to who actually gave these things in the past.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 08:44 AM
100%, but would you expect less from the Hellbound Preach?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-05-2012, 09:09 AM
I missed one about the blood and body of Christ. I figured symbolism. Apparently Christians think eating Ritz crackers and grape juice is literally the blood and flesh of Jesus.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:You answered
out of
15 questions correctly

for a score of 100%.

Here's how you did on these 15 questions (excerpted from the
larger U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey) compared with a nationally
representative sample of 3,412 adults. Read the Full Report

Your responses on the quiz do NOT affect the U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey's results.
That was an incredibly easy quiz...
Are people in the US really that ignorant of religion?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-05-2012, 09:54 AM
(02-05-2012 09:09 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I missed one about the blood and body of Christ. I figured symbolism. Apparently Christians think eating Ritz crackers and grape juice is literally the blood and flesh of Jesus.
Only Catholics believe this. I know it all seems the same from a non-believer's point of view, but Protestants think transubstantiation is a pretty silly idea.
Next up...getting Protestants to think the symbolism in the juice and cracker thing is also a silly idea.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-05-2012, 09:55 AM
(02-05-2012 09:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 09:09 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I missed one about the blood and body of Christ. I figured symbolism. Apparently Christians think eating Ritz crackers and grape juice is literally the blood and flesh of Jesus.
Only Catholics believe this. I know it all seems the same from a non-believer's point of view, but Protestants think transubstantiation is a pretty silly idea.
Next up...getting Protestants to think the symbolism in the juice and cracker thing is also a silly idea.
I knew that I just wasn't thinking about it when I typed Christians. I was raised in a RC family.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-05-2012, 09:57 AM
(02-05-2012 09:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I was raised in a RC family.
I'm sorry to hear that. Tongue

~Izel
02-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Got 11 out of 15 so 73% is what I got. Unfortunately I don't live in the U.S so I got 1 of the questions about schools wrong.