Poll: Average ANNUAL amount spent on food PER PERSON in your household (USD)
$1000-$1999.99
$2000-$2999.99
$3000-$3999.99
$4000-$4999.99
$5000-$5999.99
$6000-$6999.99
$7000-$7999.99
$8000-$8999.99
$9000-$12999.99
$13000-$19,999.99
$20,000+
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How much do you spend on food in USD?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: How much do you spend on food in USD?
Well, eating out is most of the time more expensive here. The only thing that's around the same price is chow mein.
We spend about USD 1000-1500 a year per person. It will probably become more, cuz while the exchange rate of USD has increased with 20%, the prices haven't increased yet. We don't eat out much, and plant our own veggies

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 04:06 AM
Not that much...

[Image: 25pn3ti.png]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
07-11-2015, 06:37 AM
I'd have to put myself on the low end of the scale. A majority of cost for most people is meat -- and the majority of the red meat we eat is venison ---- which I butcher myself.

With a deer license at $20 a deer and getting between 40 and 60 lbs of meat on average -- it helps keep those costs down...

(of course if you figure in the 3-4 grand I spent on my hunting blind - it kinda throws things off.... Smile ) (then again - it's been up for almost 10 years - so you could spread it out over time)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Well, my phone hates me and won't process the vote. But mine would be in the 1,000-1,999 per person range.
07-11-2015, 10:31 AM
(06-11-2015 04:23 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  My friend and I were talking the other day about how expensive food habits can be a huge chunk of your salary..thus a big determinant of your lifestyle.

I was saying I spend less than $3000 a year on food, while he says he spends between $10,000 and $13,000.

So how about you all? How much do you think your household spends per person on food?

My definition of food in this case: Any food or beverage purchased from a grocery store, restaurant, or other establishment with the intent of human consumption.

My definition of purchase in this case: Use of cash, credit, or government provided funds to obtain food as described above. e.g. If the gov't gives you $500/month to purchase food then that amount counts towards the household food purchase. If somebody else buys you food, try to answer as if you bought that food yourself.

If you only cover the food in your household for a subset of the members then divide how much you spend by that number, instead of the total number.

Anyways, it isn't really complicated, just wanted to make sure everybody has an understanding of what I'm talking about.

An easy way to do this is to take your weekly spending, multiply it by 50 (or 52) and divide that by the number of people. That's how I got my number, as I spend less than $50 a week on groceries. I only eat out maybe 10 times a year, so that isn't a big part of my budget.

Please vote in the poll!

Just my wife and I. We eat all organic, all fresh vegetables, go out for dinner once a week, so it comes to about $1400 USD a month, $17000 a year. it is expensive to eat healthy.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
07-11-2015, 09:50 PM
(07-11-2015 10:31 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Just my wife and I. We eat all organic, all fresh vegetables, go out for dinner once a week, so it comes to about $1400 USD a month, $17000 a year. it is expensive to eat healthy.
$1400 for each of you or for both of you? If for both you would only be at $8500 per year per person.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-11-2015, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 06:13 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(07-11-2015 09:50 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-11-2015 10:31 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Just my wife and I. We eat all organic, all fresh vegetables, go out for dinner once a week, so it comes to about $1400 USD a month, $17000 a year. it is expensive to eat healthy.
$1400 for each of you or for both of you? If for both you would only be at $8500 per year per person.

Yeah that is for both of us, about $250 a week in groceries, and we go out for a nice dinner which is usually about $100. Of course I spend prob $10-$20 on protein drinks, snacks, water easily per day.....Unsure didnt even throw that in. Shocking

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-11-2015, 09:15 AM
No idea how much we spend a year on food. Hubby has to eat gluten free which is expensive. Most days we don't cook a dinner but just snack. I've recently started living on fruit smoothies I blend from organic fruit. That's really bumped up the food bill. I have about 4 of those a day and a bowl of soup. We eat out once a month. We cook everything from base ingredients though. It's actually cheaper to live healthily in the UK if you're prepared to cook from base ingredients and don't want to anything fancy. I can live on beans and rice if I have the spices.
08-11-2015, 03:05 PM
I haven't the slightest clue, per person. A rough household estimation would be $7800-8,300 annually.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
08-11-2015, 10:22 PM
(07-11-2015 10:31 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 04:23 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  My friend and I were talking the other day about how expensive food habits can be a huge chunk of your salary..thus a big determinant of your lifestyle.

I was saying I spend less than $3000 a year on food, while he says he spends between $10,000 and $13,000.

So how about you all? How much do you think your household spends per person on food?

My definition of food in this case: Any food or beverage purchased from a grocery store, restaurant, or other establishment with the intent of human consumption.

My definition of purchase in this case: Use of cash, credit, or government provided funds to obtain food as described above. e.g. If the gov't gives you $500/month to purchase food then that amount counts towards the household food purchase. If somebody else buys you food, try to answer as if you bought that food yourself.

If you only cover the food in your household for a subset of the members then divide how much you spend by that number, instead of the total number.

Anyways, it isn't really complicated, just wanted to make sure everybody has an understanding of what I'm talking about.

An easy way to do this is to take your weekly spending, multiply it by 50 (or 52) and divide that by the number of people. That's how I got my number, as I spend less than $50 a week on groceries. I only eat out maybe 10 times a year, so that isn't a big part of my budget.

Please vote in the poll!

Just my wife and I. We eat all organic, all fresh vegetables, go out for dinner once a week, so it comes to about $1400 USD a month, $17000 a year. it is expensive to eat healthy.

I buy organic too and I also go out to dinner quite frequently. I hate to cook and I like going out to dinner so I do it quite a bit (like 4 times a week or more). I view it as time to socialize with my friends, but it does get expensive.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post