Poll: How much do you trust the government?
100%
99-80%
79-60%
59-40%
39-20%
19-1%
0%
[Show Results]

How much do you trust the government?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 06:55 AM
How much do you trust the government?
I tentatively post this here in this section as I want it to be an opinion poll. There have been a lot of other opinion polls done in the past and I thought it would be interesting to see what results the forum would get.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 07:09 AM
RE: How much do you trust the government?
That depends on the current administration and their record

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 4 users Like The Germans are coming's post
01-02-2014, 07:20 AM
(01-02-2014 07:09 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  That depends on the current administration and their record

The government as it stands today. The question is how much do you trust them at the moment, not who they are or the policies they have.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
01-02-2014, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2014 07:34 AM by Free Thought.)
(01-02-2014 06:55 AM)bemore Wrote:  I tentatively post this here in this section as I want it to be an opinion poll. There have been a lot of other opinion polls done in the past and I thought it would be interesting to see what results the forum would get.

Kinda depends on who's in offarce (git it? Off(ice)-farce? NO?... okay...)

This is a hard question really. I trust the people 0-5% (yes, 0-5%, fuck your numbers), but I trust the establishments and the way it works around 75%....

(01-02-2014 07:20 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 07:09 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  That depends on the current administration and their record

The government as it stands today. The question is how much do you trust them at the moment, not who they are or the policies they have.

When you put it that way... I'm going to have to stick with my "Fuck yo' numbers! 0-5%" response and say I trust the individuals pollies in offarce about as much as I'd trust a random shmoe off the street.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Please set up some options in the negative numbers. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I trust the government to fuck things up about 90% of the time. So do I check 90% or 10%?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
01-02-2014, 08:44 AM
I trust that our (USA) government will do whats in their best interest and that of their buddies and screw the rest of us over.

Been that way ever since they established the Federal reserve and the IRS.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
01-02-2014, 09:34 AM
This from another thread but apropos:

(01-02-2014 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  Except that in a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, it is the people who wield the force. The government is the people.

Basically it comes down to "do you trust the people elected to run government". I think many are sincere, but sincerity doesn't preclude them from having agendas that are not in the best interest of ALL the people, only their constituents and sometimes not even for those. At least we can have some fun with it...

Fallon and The Boss do a special rendition of Born to Run aimed at Gov. Christie

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/...un-parody/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-02-2014, 09:45 AM
(01-02-2014 07:20 AM)bemore Wrote:  The government as it stands today. The question is how much do you trust them at the moment, not who they are or the policies they have.

Mhmm.

I live in a republic in which powers are seperated between the federal and state govenments.

The federal government is formed by parlaiment and the president is merely a ceremonial figure.

But the federal government has limited power and the state governments can make alot of decisions for themselves.

There is a federal high court than can overthrow bills past by the parlaiment.

And every state has a state high court that can overthrow state bills, but can have it`s rulings overruled by the federal high court.

The only thing I would add, is that if the state governments are in a two thirds majority they should have the power to overthrow federal bills

And that if the state high courts are in a two thirds majority they should have the power to overrule federal bills and federal high court decisions.

Overall, I am satisfied, and am an advocate of decentralisation and restrictive bodies ensuring that law is not abstructed.

Even though that means that decision taking is very slow here - but when decisions are made they are highly efficiant and satisfy all and confirm to democratic values.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-02-2014, 12:48 PM
I put 80-99%. But politics here is very different to the rest of the world and our corruption levels are the lowest in the world.

In saying that, trust them how?
I took it as meaning trust them to run the country.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.