Poll: How much do you trust the government?
100%
99-80%
79-60%
59-40%
39-20%
19-1%
0%
[Show Results]

How much do you trust the government?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 01:11 PM
RE: How much do you trust the government?
It depends on what you mean by "government".
  • I have very little faith in congress (pretty much none for the Republicans and a fair amount for the democrats).
  • I have a medium amount of trust in Obama. Sure, I voted for him twice, but I'm not pleased on his record of transparency (a supposed campaign issue), the NDAA, or the TPP.
  • I'd put my trust in the Supreme Court at around 50%. Scalia, particularly pisses me off frequently.
  • I, for the most part, trust the bulk of the government programs. They aren't perfect, but the levels of fraud in them are far lower than what opponents like to suggest.
  • As far as state-wide stuff goes for my state (Michigan), I wouldn't put it that high, currently. Although, I've been pleasantly surprised by our moderate Republican governor more than once. He's mostly a very pro-business Republican (so he cracked down on municipal unions) but he's as likely to piss off the Republicans in congress when he strikes up a compromise as he is to piss off me, so there's that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 01:19 PM
(01-02-2014 12:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I put 80-99%. But politics here is very different to the rest of the world and our corruption levels are the lowest in the world.

In saying that, trust them how?
I took it as meaning trust them to run the country.

Ditto.

We have "legalised corruption".

Also... locals are happy when they have money in the bank...
List of government budgets by country.

01-02-2014, 01:52 PM
That depends, what am I trusting them with?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
01-02-2014, 02:16 PM
If you're talking the Zim government they're a kleptocracy, so 0%. SA government actually does work quite a lot of the time but is continually fucked up a la Zim model by incompetent grand-standing leaders... so 20% or less, 'cos no matter how competent the peons are the guys they take orders from are scumbags through and through. Democratically elected scumbags.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-02-2014, 03:49 PM
How much do you trust private enterprice to have social responsibility?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-02-2014, 03:52 PM
(01-02-2014 03:49 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  How much do you trust private enterprice to have social responsibility?

Zero, if left to their own devices. No
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
01-02-2014, 03:54 PM
(01-02-2014 03:52 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Zero, if left to their own devices. No

Some do actualy show social responsibility.

I am on neither side of that state vs private buisness debate.

I see the best of both options aswell as the worst.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
01-02-2014, 04:01 PM
(01-02-2014 03:54 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 03:52 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Zero, if left to their own devices. No

Some do actualy show social responsibility.I am on neither side of that state vs private buisness debate.

Thats because they have profit making (image) ulterior motives.... McDonalds to name one.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
01-02-2014, 05:17 PM
(01-02-2014 04:01 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 03:54 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Some do actualy show social responsibility.I am on neither side of that state vs private buisness debate.

Thats because they have profit making (image) ulterior motives.... McDonalds to name one.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Here Fontera which is our countries biggest company (it's a milk and dairy product company) started last year giving free milk to primary (elementary) school children. This is out of their pocket at their expense.

Yes, it's marketing and in an attempt to be viewed by the community in a certain way so people buy their milk and not the competitions milk BUT who cares?
Little kids are getting free milk in schools.

Some people caused a stink about Fontera doing this but I don't understand why, it's a win win. Win for the kids and a win for Fontera.

It's actually made a few other companies start to consider it too. Such as Tip Top, a large bread company.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
02-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks for everybody voting up to now. I know as of writing there has only been 15 votes but I find it interesting that 1/3 of the votes are so low. I thought that an average would be higher in trust.

I wonder what the average result would of been 30-40 years ago, I sort of think that it may be higher but I was wrong about my estimation of this current poll.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.