Poll: How much do you earn per hour/a year?
<10$ an hour|<10000$ a year
<20$ an hour|<20000$ a year
<30$ an hour|<30000$ a year
<40$ an hour|<40000$ a year
<50$ an hour|<50000$ a year
<75$ an hour|<75000$ a year
<100$ an hour|<100000$ a year
<500$ an hour|<500000$ a year
<1000$ an hour|<1000000$ a year
Other
I am unemployed Sad
[Show Results]

How much does the average TTA'er earn?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2012, 06:38 PM
RE: How much does the average TTA'er earn?
K Magoo. Fire up a new thread laid out the way you want it. There's not really any discussion here, so I don't think it's a biggie if we just delete it and have a do-over.

Everyone cool with that?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 06:40 PM
(31-10-2012 06:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  K Magoo. Fire up a new thread laid out the way you want it. There's not really any discussion here, so I don't think it's a biggie if we just delete it and have a do-over.

Everyone cool with that?

Yup please do. Next time I will try to not poke my nose around. I really didn't mean to.
31-10-2012, 06:41 PM
(31-10-2012 06:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If the dollars per hour doesn't correspond than this poll is pretty useless. Also you have not stated what currency this is in, USD? I would suggest scrapping this and just doing net income per year in USD.

As for me, I am now no longer working and I'm a full-time college student, and loving it!
Glad I didn't go at 17, otherwise I would've probably pissed it all away...plus I would've had to go into debt.

Edit: Stark thanks fro sharing, I didn't know! If I wasn't a hobo, I wouldn't want mods to know either!

I didn't know you were at college.
Is the navy (it's navy right??) paying for it? I know our navy here will pay you and pay for your fees if you go to university and get a degree. I believe there is conditions, like it has to be relevant to the navy and you have to work with us for XX amount of years after your studies etc... But hey, if you were gonna get an engineer degree anyway right, might as well be payed to do it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
31-10-2012, 06:41 PM
(31-10-2012 06:26 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 06:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  What currency?

Incidentally, this subject was the thing that most struck me as a cultural difference between East and West. "How much?" is a very normal question in Singapore (particularly from Chinesey types).

I have got used to being open about it.

Yeah I didn't expect it to intrude on people that much. Probably because I haven't been employed yet. Just being an ignorant teenager I suppose

EDIT:

Quote:I would suggest scrapping this and just doing net income per year in USD.

Yeah I would have done that but I can't alter the poll.

I've learned quite easily that you can find out how much someone makes, but figuring out what someone makes is a really stupid reason to go into that business. There are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of potential occupations you could make a lot of money at.

There are a few ways of looking at money:

- Follow what you're good at, find a way to make a business that helps people be happy, successful, fulfills a need or desire, and you will find a way to be successful.
- Follow what you're good at, find a way to school yourself to become great at it, then go work for someone for a decent wage
- Follow what makes YOU happy, perhaps you won't be followed by a great deal of money, but you'll be happy with what you are doing, and if you get really good at it, money may follow
- Follow what makes YOU happy, become schooled in it, and find a business to employ you to do it for a decent wage.

A better question to ask yourself is: What motivates me?

Do you have a potential hobby that motivates you? Perhaps you are motivated by doing certain things? Is there a certain lifestyle you want to live?
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
31-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Ah fuck. Now people are discussin shit. Oh well.

Magoo, feel free to start a v2.0 if you want. Then you can still set up the poll and stuff the way you want.

31-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Haha no worries. If you guys are wiping out the thread that's fine. It won't break my heart that my reply is gone.
31-10-2012, 06:55 PM
delete it before the debate continues, the conversation can be started again in the new one Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
31-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Just don't wanna piss anyone off. We have a strict no deleting rule. Better to just let it fade away now.

31-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Meh. Won't piss me off, but I can understand not wanting to piss off anyone else who posted.
31-10-2012, 09:03 PM
This thread could be closed and then linked in the OP of the new one?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post