How much hate would I get writing a book with a secular history of the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 02:13 AM by Aleprauchanist.)
How much hate would I get writing a book with a secular history of the bible
Explaining how Protestant Christianity started in the 1500s, How Orthodox Christianity started in the 1000s, how Catholicism started in the 4th century, How Judaism started way before that, etc. etc.

How much hate would I get?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 01:34 AM
RE: How much hate would I get writing a book with a secular history of the bible
You wouldn't be the first, or the last, so I'd say no more than your average author.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 1 user Likes Anudist's post
04-03-2014, 01:37 AM
RE: How much hate would I get writing a book with a secular history of the bible
Don't worry nobody is going to punch you or anything,
04-03-2014, 01:44 AM
(04-03-2014 01:22 AM)Aleprauchanist Wrote:  Explaining how Protestant Christianity started in the 1500s, How OrthoDox Christianity started in the 1000s, how Catholicism started in the 4th century, How Judaism started way before that, etc. etc.

How much hate would I get?

I've actually written a book about how Catholicism started in the 4th century, how Judaism started way before that, etc. etc.

It's not published quite yet, but surprisingly there hasn't been a lot of hate so far. Heaps of thumbs up on Facebook and my webpage. I've had the odd bit of hate mail from the "fly by" Christian, but they usually can't spell or present a coherent argument.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
04-03-2014, 01:45 AM
It all depends on the presentation.

I watched this recently (linked on a recent post by Mark Fulton (I think))

It's tone is very subtly biased.

Unless one is looking / listening for it, one might miss the use of uplifting or sinister-sounding music when making certain points.

The last four minutes of the second vid is enough to demonstrate what I mean.

You could use exactly the same visuals and simply change the music and change all the positive adjectives (when describing christianity) to neutral ones (not even negative ones) and you would probably get an outcry of bias.

A book would not have the same dramatic impact so you would probably be on safer ground.

The vids, for comparison, used examples from Judaic and Islamic history but there was no reference to the story of non-belief.

I think that's all you need to do... tell the story of christianity and interweave, along the same timeline, the 'doubters' perspective.

Good luck.

04-03-2014, 01:47 AM
(04-03-2014 01:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It all depends on the presentation.

I watched this recently (linked on a recent post by Mark Fulton (I think))

It's tone is very subtly biased.

Unless one is looking / listening for it, one might miss the use uplifting or sinister-sounding music when making certain points.

The last four minutes of the second vid is enough to demonstrate what I mean.

You could use exactly the same visuals and simply change the music and change all the positive adjectives (when describing christianity) to neutral ones (not even negative ones) and you would probably get an outcry of bias.

A book would not have the same dramatic impact so you would probably be on safer ground.

The vids, for comparison, used examples from Judaic and Islamic history but there was no reference to the story of non-belief.

I think that's all you need to do... tell the story of christianity and interweave, along the same timeline, the 'doubters' perspective.

Good luck.

I can't open these links...you got me intrigued
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2014, 03:15 AM
I think more about your potential customers --- who will buy it as a book ?

Want something? Then do something.
04-03-2014, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 03:35 AM by Logica Humano.)
Really, really, really, really fucking delusional people buy multiples dontchya know?

I hear it gives them more replay ability. You should prey on them.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
04-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Unless you mention mohamid in a bad way, there will be no hate, too many skilled apologetics that would re context your book to make it seem like proof of Jesup's 600 th comming.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
04-03-2014, 06:46 AM
It depends on how well it sells. I've written a book about people raising an army to fight God in the afterlife but until it sells I won't get any hate.

Hate the belief, love the believer.