How much of your mind/personality would survive a mind transfer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: How much of your mind/personality would survive a mind transfer.
There are too many variables that would need to be transferred in perfect working condition. The odds of getting this all correct 100% at the same time are astronomical.
Insanity or death seem probable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
07-02-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: How much of your mind/personality would survive a mind transfer.
Out memories and experiences from the past have all basically been the things that have made us who we are and all of us unique.

All of our brains, when running healthily or optimally all operate the same chemically and electrically. However the way they are wired, from past, this "imprint" is what I think your refering to transfer.

If you are imprinting onto a computer you would need to house the imprint in an enviroment. To maintain "normality" and keep the imprint intact (if it was still operating on a consequence/empathic learning basis, creating new memories/experiences) it would need a stable and familiar enviroment (five sensed reality)

The parameters are much more variable in simulations, I suppose you could do anything.

Transfering an imprint to an organic environment could be limiting. We have organ doner failures, whos to say the imprint or the body would react and rejection or incompatibility occurs.

I dont think you can actually "transfer" a person. Maybe technology will one day be able to copy or recreate.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post