How much will the next gen consoles cost?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM
How much will the next gen consoles cost?
http://www.mobilemag.com/2013/06/05/xbox...4-pricing/

Oh well, $349 for PS4, $399 for Xbox One is much better than:

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: How much will the next gen consoles cost?
I already told my kids I won't buy a new "netflix machine"

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Just a heads up. I will lose all respect for anyone who buys an xbox one. You will be dead to me and I will treat you as such.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
06-06-2013, 10:51 PM
I think the $349 for the PS4 is probably accurate, though probably for the smallest storage-sized SKU. I'm expecting $449 for the XBone though.

Price has absolutely zero bearing on my purchase choice. Just based on policies currently released to the public, the XBone can go fuck itself. I'm a hardcore Halo nerd, but fuck you Microsoft and your shitty policies. I can only hope the PS4 maintains it's current market friendly policies. The presentations and followups at E3 will be something to watch, I think both companies will bring all information possible to the table at that event. Subsequently, it will be the defined beginning of the end for the Xbox in the gaming realm if Microsoft doesn't get their shit together.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 1 user Likes Anudist's post
07-06-2013, 04:28 AM
Not bad considering when the ps3 came out here it was around $1500... (about $1,000 us)
It dropped in price quickly, but still... In there defense though, everything electronic was expensive back then.
Didn't realize how fucking cheap electronic stuff is now compared to back in the day until a couple months back.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
11-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Well I had the price difference right, but I was low by $50 on both.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
11-06-2013, 12:05 PM
The PS4 is cheaper on initial buying and for future uses, since the Xbox chargers for what seems like everything.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
11-06-2013, 12:50 PM
My thoughts on some comparisons, outside the core systems themselves:

Services - PS4 multiplayer will require a Plus subscription. Unfortunate. But that's still cheaper than Live (PSPlus is $50/year if bought annually; XBL is $60 - that's $USD or $CAD, so if anyone has international prices chime in!). It's also a better (IMO, of course - I don't personally have either) service - free games have been offered for years, for PS3 and mobile games (PSP and PSVita) - and will continue for PS4. Compare XBL, which will start offering 360 (only!) games once XBone is out. PSPlus gets you some cloud saving and decent store discounts; XBL media features are mostly US-only (but XBox sales have always been anemic outside the US, so clearly they don't give a fuck).

HDD - PS4 will be the same as PS3, user-serviceable, and will support external storage. XBone is locked, but will support external storage as well.

Worth mentioning game sharing, too -
Sony's never advertised it, but for PSN digital content (ie, games!) you can use it on any enabled systems (used to be five, currently two). Meaning, you can essentially allow any one person (system) access to as much or as little of your (digitally-owned) library as you want. That content can be played simultaneously and by any two PSN accounts on those two systems.

XBone game sharing is only between 'family' Live memberships, and is restricted to one person at a time - if any one person is running shared content, no one else can access any of it. That may be clarified or loosened later (well - they'd be stupid not to loosen it!), but that's the latest I've heard.

If you don't/can't just get a PC ($499, in particular, will build you a pretty solid one), I think the choice is pretty clear...

Oh, and, our tin foil hat moment of the day:
XBone includes a camera and microphone which cannot be turned off (only by unplugging the system!). I direct your attention to certain recently-revealed NSA policies. That is all.