How often can I give a rep point?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: How often can I give a rep point?
I feel like a rep whore now, probably should have kept my fat mouth shut. Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2017, 09:49 PM
(05-05-2017 09:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 09:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'll always be your first Big Grin

Edit: TBH can't remember if I repped you first but I am the first on the list now so.

I think jennybee was my first but you weren't far behind brother. Wink

Damn her Censored Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-05-2017, 09:54 PM
(05-05-2017 09:41 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I feel like a rep whore now, probably should have kept my fat mouth shut. Weeping

I repped you so long ago that I had to go check and make sure I had done so. Thumbsup
06-05-2017, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 07:53 PM by Grasshopper.)
(05-05-2017 08:52 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(25-04-2017 11:38 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Well I finally made it to 30.

Thirty one now mate, I'm pleased for you I don't think I've seen anyone on here who has turned themselves around as well as you have.
I must admit i find the rep system somewhat frustrating at times, I've lost track of the number of times I have given someone a positive point and an encouraging comment with no reciprocity whatsoever, its probably the completely wrong attitude to have on my part and im sure most folks genuinely lose track or simply forget,but I cant help it, I just find it... well, rather bad manners, but I suppose it does serve to show you who your real mates are. are. Big Grin

You know, it's kind of funny, but I don't like to rep somebody right after they rep me -- because then it looks like that's why I'm doing it. I shouldn't be self-conscious about that, but I am. I feel like it should be truly earned, and not just reciprocal back-scratching.

Also, I often space out and forget that I have the power to rep people. There are a bunch of people who deserve a rep from me, but I've just never gotten around to it. I was going to do a bunch tonight, but then I got a message saying that I've given as many reps today as I'm allowed to. So I guess I'll try again tomorrow or the next day.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
06-05-2017, 07:56 PM
(06-05-2017 07:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ...
You know, it's kind of funny, but I don't like to rep somebody right after they rep me -- because then it looks like that's why I'm doing it. I shouldn't be self-conscious about that, but I am. I feel like it should be truly earned, and not just reciprocal back-scratching.

OMG, me too.

It's like "damn, I can't rep them now, I'll do it later"
... and then much much later I'll go and see what I wrote as a rep comment and see that I'd forgotten to do it. Blush

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-05-2017, 07:56 PM
(06-05-2017 07:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 08:52 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Thirty one now mate, I'm pleased for you I don't think I've seen anyone on here who has turned themselves around as well as you have.
I must admit i find the rep system somewhat frustrating at times, I've lost track of the number of times I have given someone a positive point and an encouraging comment with no reciprocity whatsoever, its probably the completely wrong attitude to have on my part and im sure most folks genuinely lose track or simply forget,but I cant help it, I just find it... well, rather bad manners, but I suppose it does serve to show you who your real mates are. are. Big Grin

Also, I often space out and forget that I have the power to rep people. I was going to do a bunch tonight, but then I got a message saying that I've given as many reps today as I'm allowed to. so I guess I'll try again tomorrow or the next day.

You are of course quite correct, which is why I added a caveat acknowledging incorrect attitude on my part, I cant seem to hep it though, maybe its a British thing, but probably its just me being anal retentive.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-05-2017, 08:34 PM
(06-05-2017 07:56 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 07:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You know, it's kind of funny, but I don't like to rep somebody right after they rep me -- because then it looks like that's why I'm doing it. I shouldn't be self-conscious about that, but I am. I feel like it should be truly earned, and not just reciprocal back-scratching.

Also, I often space out and forget that I have the power to rep people. I was going to do a bunch tonight, but then I got a message saying that I've given as many reps today as I'm allowed to. so I guess I'll try again tomorrow or the next day.

You are of course quite correct, which is why I added a caveat acknowledging incorrect attitude on my part, I cant seem to hep it though, maybe its a British thing, but probably its just me being anal retentive.

Oh, that's not uniquely British! I'm as anal-retentive as anyone. I'm a regular bundle of neuroses, I am.

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-05-2017, 08:54 PM
(06-05-2017 07:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 08:52 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Thirty one now mate, I'm pleased for you I don't think I've seen anyone on here who has turned themselves around as well as you have.

Also, I often space out and forget that I have the power to rep people. There are a bunch of people who deserve a rep from me, but I've just never gotten around to it. I was going to do a bunch tonight, but then I got a message saying that I've given as many reps today as I'm allowed to. So I guess I'll try again tomorrow or the next day.

I see I wasn't high on your list.
06-05-2017, 08:57 PM
(06-05-2017 08:54 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 07:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You know, it's kind of funny, but I don't like to rep somebody right after they rep me -- because then it looks like that's why I'm doing it. I shouldn't be self-conscious about that, but I am. I feel like it should be truly earned, and not just reciprocal back-scratching.

I see I wasn't high on your list.

That's because I already repped you a few months ago -- at least I'm pretty sure I did. That's another problem -- I can't always remember who I have and have not already repped.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-05-2017, 09:03 PM
(06-05-2017 08:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 08:54 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I see I wasn't high on your list.

That's because I already repped you a few months ago -- at least I'm pretty sure I did. That's another problem -- I can't always remember who I have and have not already repped.

Big Grin

My bad bro. I was just pulling your chain anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post