How often do you drink alcohol?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 06:27 PM
How often do you drink alcohol?
I'm just curious as to what the average consumer drinks on this site as I filled out a questionnaire at my doctors on my alcohol consumption and have been referred to some sort of 1 on 1 AA meeting.

I drink around 4 cans (sometimes I get a 70cl bottle of gin/rum instead) a night between 3-5 days a week. I spend all my student loan for like a month every 3 months so I detox then.

In my household at Christmas we just fill up on crates of beer so I am drinking like a crate every 2 days for a fortnight!

I never realised how alcoholic that seems until I've just written it up haha, it doesn't affect my gym progress (other than keep me a bit fatter than average) nor my studies.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: How often do you drink alcohol?
I drink beer or wine with dinner daily. Sometimes a (one) shot of Vodka, too.

I used to drink a whole lot more when I was younger.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-11-2014, 06:37 PM
(22-11-2014 06:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  I drink beer or wine with dinner daily. Sometimes a (one) shot of Vodka, too.

I used to drink a whole lot more when I was younger.

A glass of wine with dinner is supposed to be really good for you! I've started to switch out my beer with sherry now.. finding the right kind of sherry right now.

22-11-2014, 06:54 PM
I have a few bottles of beer every evening. Like yourself, I'll be stocking up for Christmas. I try not to stock up too early because I'll drink it all before Christmas and have to stock up a second time.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
22-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I plead a fifth....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post
22-11-2014, 07:02 PM
(22-11-2014 06:54 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I have a few bottles of beer every evening. Like yourself, I'll be stocking up for Christmas. I try not to stock up too early because I'll drink it all before Christmas and have to stock up a second time.

If you've got the money I don't see the problem of stocking up twice Tongue

[+] 2 users Like SunnyD1's post
22-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Rarely. I'll have a beer or two when out with friends or I might go for a mixed drink but getting even lightly buzzed just gradually lost its appeal. At home I'll have something maybe a few times a year these days. Not drinking definitely saves a lot of money.

Then again, a little apple cider with Tuaca is sounding good so I may gave to break down and get some soon.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
22-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Somewhere between... a lot more than I should, and a lot less than I'd like Undecided

So... Once every couple of weeks or so I'll have five or so beers while watching a movie at home or at a social events with friends. I really shouldn't be at all, but I'm really glad it's a lot less than it used to be. At least I've got that going for me.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
22-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Its been 10 months since I last had any alcohol. But when I do drink its probably 1-3 a month. Usually a shot or two of tequila a glass of wine, or a margarita.
22-11-2014, 07:23 PM
(22-11-2014 06:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  I drink beer or wine with dinner daily. Sometimes a (one) shot of Vodka, too.

Same. Except it can be vodka, gin or brandy.

Mostly I have 1-2 glasses of wine 2-4 times a week with dinner or after the kids are in bed.