How often do you drink alcohol?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 09:16 PM
RE: How often do you drink alcohol?
I'll have a beer or two and maybe a shot or two of whiskey. I like all sorts of alcohol but I usually go for ales when I eat somewhere. If I'm with someone, I'll pick a "hmm wonder what the hell that is" sort of drink. Didn't drink much in college (dry campus) but on the nights I drank at a friend's house, good lordy me did I drink!

[Image: notagain.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2014, 09:28 PM
I average about a glass of wine every three or four years. I've never been drunk before.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-11-2014, 03:13 AM
I drink like a Frenchmen in the daytime and an Irishman in the nighttime. :L

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
23-11-2014, 03:33 AM
I have a massive sweet tooth, so unless I'm at an event or place where I can get a sickly sweet bit of alcohol (which usually means a mixed drink like a Mudslide, Alabama-Slamma, or Irish Car-Bomb), I usually just opt for a soda. I prefer sparkling grape juice to actual wine, but ice wine (which is really sweet, but conversely really expensive because of it's scarcity) is the best; and this is coming from someone who lives in the heart of Welch's grape territory. The number of alcoholic drinks I have in a year can usually be counted on both hands alone.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-11-2014, 04:44 AM
(22-11-2014 07:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 06:27 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I'm just curious as to what the average consumer drinks on this site as I filled out a questionnaire at my doctors on my alcohol consumption and have been referred to some sort of 1 on 1 AA meeting.

I drink around 4 cans (sometimes I get a 70cl bottle of gin/rum instead) a night between 3-5 days a week. I spend all my student loan for like a month every 3 months so I detox then.

In my household at Christmas we just fill up on crates of beer so I am drinking like a crate every 2 days for a fortnight!

I never realised how alcoholic that seems until I've just written it up haha, it doesn't affect my gym progress (other than keep me a bit fatter than average) nor my studies.

Your drinking pattern is not that of a normal social drinker. If you are not an alcoholic, you seem to be headed that way. Drinking Beverage

You're right. My social life has been going downhill for a while now so 65% of the time I drink it's with my girlfriend while we're settled down for the night watching some TV. 30% of the time I drink is while I'm writing/reading and the other 5% is when I can be arsed getting up and going out with my friends.

I already get the craving feeling after like 2 days of not having a drink but it's not a serious one, I'm going strong this week and I'm gonna save myself for my birthday in a fortnight!

You guys are awesome, I though I was going to be one of the only people who drink more than once a week... yay for alcohol!!

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
23-11-2014, 07:00 AM
I don't drink very often. Like EK, I go for the sweet stuff. I love a good dessert wine and fruity mixed drinks. I almost never drink at home on my own, if I do, it's because I got some new wine I wanted to try. Otherwise I just have one or two drinks out with friends. In college I drank more and did a lot of shots... I might have one a year nowadays.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
23-11-2014, 08:06 AM
I drink rarely and socially. When I drink I tend to go through about 1l of stout in an evening (2x 500ml bottles) if entertaining at home. If I'm out I might have one pint-like-sized beer or smaller at the beginning of the night and allow plenty of time before I drive home.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-11-2014, 09:16 AM
One cocktail at night, occasionally two.

Kinda puts the period on the day for me and helps me sleep.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
23-11-2014, 09:52 AM
I don't understand the question... Pretty sure I'm drunk right now

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
23-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I'll go out either Friday or Saturday night with buddies to a local bar to drink beer, play pool/darts, and chase women and I usually get pretty sauced. The after party is where I usually go from drunk to hammered. I'll drink anywhere between 8-12 beers at the bar but I don't keep count, especially at the after party.

I don't drink during the week but mostly cause I work nights. I'm about to rejoin my gym so the weekend warrior drinking is about to be shelved for a couple months.