How often do you drink alcohol?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: How often do you drink alcohol?
(22-11-2014 06:27 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I'm just curious as to what the average consumer drinks on this site as I filled out a questionnaire at my doctors on my alcohol consumption and have been referred to some sort of 1 on 1 AA meeting.

I drink around 4 cans (sometimes I get a 70cl bottle of gin/rum instead) a night between 3-5 days a week. I spend all my student loan for like a month every 3 months so I detox then.

In my household at Christmas we just fill up on crates of beer so I am drinking like a crate every 2 days for a fortnight!

I never realised how alcoholic that seems until I've just written it up haha, it doesn't affect my gym progress (other than keep me a bit fatter than average) nor my studies.

not nearly enough Weeping

Seriously, between worrying non stop about my next meal, every two hours, and supplementation, school work...next protein shake, I am never in a position to toss back a few...and I miss that Censored

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Everyday. A few glass or two of wine with dinner and I knock a couple more back after the child goes to bed.

If I felt I needed an excuse to drink everyday I would say it is the fact that I teach kindergarten.

(However if I end up with a cold or something it throws me off wine for a week or two or three.)
24-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Aside from that aforementioned glass of wine every few years, I used to like to put a splash of crème de menthe on top of vanilla ice cream, as if making a sundae except with that instead of chocolate syrup. I remember it tasting awesome, but it's been a while. Maybe I'll treat myself if I can ever stop feeling guilty long enough to spurge for a day.

'Murican Canadian
24-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Never.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
24-11-2014, 10:04 PM
I used to drink several beers and shots every day. It caused my blood pressure to skyrocket and other physiological damage to my body. I got into a lot of fights, had been drunk in public on several occasions, obnoxious, and all the rest that goes along with it. One day I woke up, after one last fight, and decided I'm done with it. I never looked back. (Then again, I was under the influence of alcohol and the concussion I got from my last fight when I decided. I wonder if I should have waited before I made such a decision. Nah... )

I have no issues or problems with others drinking. All I know is that I can't drink. Cigarettes are next on the list. In the infamous words of Clint Eastwood - A man has got to know his limitations.
24-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Not very often, I often times think about it though. I look at it in my drawers but I never really "get around to it". It's like I only want to drink of it's not actually there, when it is there, I just don't feel like it lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
25-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Only 3 or 4 times a year.

I have miserably failed to become an alcoholic.

My apologies to everyone.

Gasp

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
25-11-2014, 12:36 PM
It's been about five years since I've had alcohol, with the exception of a sip of wine a few years ago, because someone (drunk) thought it tasted "off". I took a wee sip, nearly gagged, then told her it was fine. Lol

I was married to a very severe alcoholic for the last eight years. She was sober for the last four. She decided to drink again. Our marriage ended two days later. It's safe to say, I'm not a fan of the booze. Even the smell makes me sick now. And alcohol breath...well.....that wil make me do worse than just gag.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Pretty well every day I'm not in camp..
25-11-2014, 03:57 PM
(25-11-2014 12:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It's been about five years since I've had alcohol, with the exception of a sip of wine a few years ago, because someone (drunk) thought it tasted "off". I took a wee sip, nearly gagged, then told her it was fine. Lol

I was married to a very severe alcoholic for the last eight years. She was sober for the last four. She decided to drink again. Our marriage ended two days later. It's safe to say, I'm not a fan of the booze. Even the smell makes me sick now. And alcohol breath...well.....that wil make me do worse than just gag.

In my mid thirties had an alcoholic partner.
She was quite violent; left my own house to get away.
As a drinker too, thought alcohol, was getting to me.
Saw doc, who put me on valium........guess what?Censored