How often do you drink alcohol?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: How often do you drink alcohol?
I love to drink. At a party or out it is a fabulous social lubricant. I have wine with dinner nearly every night. Sometimes another after. Usually reds depending on the meal.
I love a nice cold white on a hot, sunny, summer afternoon out on the back porch.

At a bar I will find something interesting on draft. I usually have beer in the fridge, but don't drink it nearly as much as I used to. When I was younger, I drank alot (A LOT) of beer...got into whiskey a bit back then, but I am not really a fan. Sometimes a vodka and tonic.

I am pretty well behaved now, as an old guy, but sometimes I think I might have used up my lifetime allotment of good luck, back in the day. I was very fortunate...

Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.
-- Dan Barker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Even after all these years, 'stage fright' is still a thing, for me.

But I observe that the more I drink, the better my performance.

Whether my audience observes the same thing is debatable but if I'm too drunk to care... Big Grin

(there's a joke about sexual performance in there somewhere but I'm not sober enough to find it).

Drinking Beverage <--- my morning mug of Kahlua Yes

26-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Typically one marg a night. though that marg often has 3ish shots of premium tequila and 2-3 shots of cointreau or other liqueur. wine gives me a headache, beer gives me gas, but tequila's all good. ( a new member today, I chose my avatar, and then noticed this thread, hrm, I might have a problem.. )
[+] 1 user Likes lotsolint's post
26-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Never. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-11-2014, 02:29 PM
(22-11-2014 07:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 06:27 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I'm just curious as to what the average consumer drinks on this site as I filled out a questionnaire at my doctors on my alcohol consumption and have been referred to some sort of 1 on 1 AA meeting.

I drink around 4 cans (sometimes I get a 70cl bottle of gin/rum instead) a night between 3-5 days a week. I spend all my student loan for like a month every 3 months so I detox then.

In my household at Christmas we just fill up on crates of beer so I am drinking like a crate every 2 days for a fortnight!

I never realised how alcoholic that seems until I've just written it up haha, it doesn't affect my gym progress (other than keep me a bit fatter than average) nor my studies.

Your drinking pattern is not that of a normal social drinker. If you are not an alcoholic, you seem to be headed that way. Drinking Beverage

It is normal for a student, though. I drank like that until I was 25. Then adult responsibilities kicked in and I stopped. I have a drink, sometimes 2, few nights a week now.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-11-2014, 02:35 PM
(26-11-2014 02:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 07:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your drinking pattern is not that of a normal social drinker. If you are not an alcoholic, you seem to be headed that way. Drinking Beverage

It is normal for a student, though. I drank like that until I was 25. Then adult responsibilities kicked in and I stopped. I have a drink, sometimes 2, few nights a week now.

Jesus, what school did you go to?? Lol.

From what I recall, even in my early twenties, that was NOT normal drinking. Was there more people at that age who drank that much? Yes. But those were the friends we worried would become alcoholics.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
26-11-2014, 06:11 PM
I did my undergrad at Penn State. We drank more by 9 AM than most people drank all day. I drank less in law school but I still drank more than the average bear.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-11-2014, 10:12 PM
(26-11-2014 01:42 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Never. Drinking Beverage

No true German would say that. No

[Image: beer-girl.jpg]

[Image: Visitors-at-the-176th-Okt-001.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Ironically, not very often. I love scotch but I'm not very fond of being drunk. Haven't gotten more than tipsy in months and months.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
27-11-2014, 05:57 PM
The short reply is: I'm a teetotaler.

I've almost never had any alcoholic drinks of any kind. When I was a kid (8-ish?) my mother gave me a sip of her (admittedly cheap-ass) beer, saying something about how it'd make me sleepy, and I thought it was awful. My little brother and I would get these little bitty glasses with champagne in them at Thanksgiving and at Christmas dinner. There may have been an ounce or two in those things. I do like the taste of champagne. Smile

Beyond that, I drank half a glass of wine a few nights in a row during a wine and cheese hour at the B&B I was staying in at the shore one time about ten years ago, and I believe the last time I drank anything alcoholic was at a New Year's party almost that long ago, where I had a half a glass of Asti.

I'm part German but my mom was an alcoholic so that may be part of why I see no need to drink the stuff.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss