How often do you drink alcohol?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: How often do you drink alcohol?
Surprised at how many don't drink at all Sad. I like to have a beer or two at lunch a few times a week. Part of that is knowing some of my stuffy colleagues wouldn't approve, but they don't know any better.

Try to have romantic dinners with my wife a couple times a month, which must include copious amounts of good wine, especially with dessert. "A man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2014, 02:45 AM
I enjoy booze but I can't handle it too well - I get hangovers that are just not worth it. So usually one or two beers or glasses of wine on the weekend. Got seriously smashed a couple of weekends ago, which was... fuuuuuuuuuck. It wasn't pleasant the next morning. Of course I thought I was a frikken genius the night before Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Re: How often do you drink alcohol?
Relatively not much.

But I do have a few beers now and then, white wine or a good Riesling, and absinthe. My brother brews, so it's not like I'm usually low on booze.

To be honest I haven't been drunk in years. I come from a long line of alcoholics on both sides of my family so I have a high tolerance. (Mind you, some studies show this isn't good and increases chances of alcoholism.) I've never had a hangover in my life, but I hear they're really bad.

And, yeah, I might have a Guinness tonight. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
30-11-2014, 10:32 AM
I have tried to like alcohol, I really have. But there's something about the taste that I hate. I've tried very expensive wines and spirits, mid priced stuff and everything in between. I've had people give me what they consider great tasting locally crafted beers and I nearly vomit. There's just something about alcohol that doesn't sit well with my taste buds. I've probably ruined my tasting abilities by eating too much chocolate.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-11-2014, 10:39 AM
(30-11-2014 10:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have tried to like alcohol, I really have. But there's something about the taste that I hate. I've tried very expensive wines and spirits, mid priced stuff and everything in between. I've had people give me what they consider great tasting locally crafted beers and I nearly vomit. There's just something about alcohol that doesn't sit well with my taste buds. I've probably ruined my tasting abilities by eating too much chocolate.

Too much chocolate? Nonsense!! Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
30-11-2014, 03:09 PM
[Image: 8596_629867780382940_472414640_n.jpg?oh=...f1c63f8d7c]

Drink responsibly!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-11-2014, 03:23 PM
I'll be having a Guinness myself when I get home. Grey Cup tonight.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
30-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Today? Not nearly enough!
30-11-2014, 04:22 PM
(30-11-2014 03:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: 8596_629867780382940_472414640_n.jpg?oh=...f1c63f8d7c]

Drink responsibly!

I think I know her.
30-11-2014, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2014 09:42 PM by Astreja.)
I usually have some alcohol in the house, but rarely will drink some 3 days in a row. It can take a week or more to go through a 6-pack of beer, as I can get profoundly snockered if I drink more than 2 beers on the same day.

Scotch and brandy are the only distilled alcohols I regularly have on hand, because I can sip them like liqueurs. I can make a shot of single-malt Scotch last half the evening. There are a handful of rum drinks I really like, but as a rule I don't go for cocktails at all.

I like dry wines like Cabernet, Merlot and Riesling, but most of all I like dry sparkling white wine: Cava, prosecco, or actual Champagne. Precisely because I love the sparklies so much, I usually only get them to serve with holiday and birthday dinners. If it's December 25 and we've finished dinner, there's a nearly 100% probability that I'll be sitting at My computer with a champagne flute, Posting While Intoxicated.

(Nearly forgot -- I also brew sparkling mead. It takes about 5 months to go from raw ingredients to bottling, and another 2 weeks to build up a nice amount of fizziness in the bottle, so if I started a batch this week it'd be ready sometime in the spring.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user