31-34 5.47% 36 5.47%
35 - to infinity and beyond. 30.24% 199 30.24%
Total 658 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How old are you?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
03-02-2011, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 11:38 PM by No J..)
RE: How old are you?
(03-02-2011 03:59 AM)GunLar Wrote:  It's a comment I get from some people here and there that tells me to shut up about what I believe since they think I'm "underage"

They are saying that you are underaged, but that is not the reason that they are telling you to shut up. The real reason is because you are "not agreeing with them." Try agreeing with them. They let you talk a lot more. Of course you will have to do some acting so they don't catch on that you are not being honest.

Hope this helps.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
03-02-2011, 07:41 AM
test123456

So many cats, so few good recipes.
03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
I am confused. What was up with that?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
03-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Unbeliever

I tried answering GunLar's post and my post didn't show up, so I tried again. Didn't work. I thought I was doing something wrong so I tried a few more times. The post didn't show up. I Posted on the Issues thread about it. I logged on today and all my posting attempts have appeared. I'll prune it.

I pruned it.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
04-02-2011, 12:51 AM

(03-02-2011 04:07 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(03-02-2011 03:59 AM)GunLar Wrote:  It's a comment I get from some people here and there that tells me to shut up about what I believe since they think I'm "underage"

They are saying that you are underaged, but that is not the reason that they are telling you to shut up. The real reason is because you are "not agreeing with them." Try agreeing with them. They let you talk a lot more. Of course you will have to do some acting so they don't catch on that you are not being honest.

Hope this helps.
I generally do not like to lie to people.
If they ask me a question, I answer it straight out.

However, if it's a question regarding someone elses secrets or other people in general, I tend to just shrug it off and say: "I dunno"

And to elaborate on the "Underage" thing, I was more or less talking about that they tell me, that I can't have a opinion nor understanding of religion and the likes at my age.
It's like they think you have to be at least THIS (30'ish number) old to actually discuss faith.

I have several times been challanged by a female teacher at my old school regarding me being an atheist, I tell her why I converted, then she says I'm not old enough to understand what religion really is, indicating that I'll become a christian again when I grow older.
I get that notion from a lot of people who have tried to make me see the "truth" regarding God.

But I always end up asking: If I'm not old enough to understand, why do you even bother?
04-02-2011, 02:09 AM
I am old enough to understand what religion is, and so are you. Trust yourself first because most of what you hear is inaccurate. Fortunately you have found a board that, at least in my opinion, has a very intellegent bunch of regulars on it who think about what they are going to say before they say it, most of the time. A lot of intellegent posts here.

04-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Quote:then she says I'm not old enough to understand what religion really is
Actually, you're not young enough. When you reach 15, you're too old to understand religion.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
04-02-2011, 09:00 AM

(04-02-2011 12:51 AM)GunLar Wrote:  I have several times been challanged by a female teacher at my old school regarding me being an atheist, I tell her why I converted, then she says I'm not old enough to understand what religion really is, indicating that I'll become a christian again when I grow older.
I get that notion from a lot of people who have tried to make me see the "truth" regarding God.

Well for that I'd advise something like telling them to back the *expletive* up and leave you alone until youre old enough to hold the conversation

ov course you seem to already have that lesson well in hand

(04-02-2011 12:51 AM)GunLar Wrote:  But I always end up asking: If I'm not old enough to understand, why do you even bother?
19-02-2011, 05:58 PM

(29-01-2011 10:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(29-01-2011 06:50 PM)Brianna1998 Wrote:  I'm 14 actually. Some people may think I'm too young to be involved in things like this, but I've always been told I'm much more mature than your average 14 year old Tongue I hope that people will still take me seriously though despite my age :/

Age doesn't matter here. Don't worry about it. Big Grin

Thanks, thats nice to hear Big Grin
(29-01-2011 08:19 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(29-01-2011 06:50 PM)Brianna1998 Wrote:  I'm 14 actually. Some people may think I'm too young to be involved in things like this, but I've always been told I'm much more mature than your average 14 year old Tongue I hope that people will still take me seriously though despite my age :/

To young to think logically? That sounds like they are trying to prevent you from thinking for yourself. Never believe that garbage. You are never to young or to old to think logically and critically. In fact, the younger you are when you learn to think logically and critically, the better.

Welcome.

Thank you, its nice to hear back from people Smile I was worried that I wouldn't be taken serious because my dad (a Spiritual believer) is constantly telling me that I shouldn't be calling myself an atheist and that I'm to young to worry about religion. Honestly, even though I love him dearly, I could tell that he wanted me to change my mind.
19-02-2011, 06:36 PM

If you're too young to think about it, then you're too young to do anything else regarding religion, including church, bible school, etc...
Thread Closed