Total 658 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How old are you?
Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.25 Average
28-03-2011, 07:41 AM
RE: How old are you?
According to the poll I'm infinity and beyond. I'll be 62 years young in July.
I figure maybe another 20 years then I'll say I'm old. LOL
28-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Hmmm... Interesting poll results spread...

However, I think there should have been a few more gradations in the "infinity and beyond" portion because while it was very interesting to see the nice, gentle, oh so gentle, reduction in the percentage of respondents before the "brick wall" zone of the unfathomable age of...gasp!....35.... (Hehehe... I mean...that has GOT to be the upper limit, right???)....I think there is just a wee bit more that could be learned by splitting up the higher age group range. (I'm sure someone mentioned this earlier in the thread...or so I hope...but I apparently am too "old" to bother looking...) Tongue

So, keeping the advanced level of Holmesian deduction that my mind has at its disposal at the ready, I first observed that the OP does not list their birthday in their profile. However, after quickly perusing some of their posts, taking into account that Spanish appears to be their first language, extrapolating that they might be of either a recent generation in the U.S. or living closer to extended relatives in one of the more progressive European countries, observing the current weather conditions outside from my porch (ground floor) and then finally looking at the condition of my cat's butt I can fairly comfortably say that the OP is in their late 30s or early 40s.

However, I must admit that I am amazed that they would for some reason (unconsciously?) lump everyone from around their age on up into one giant group. Therefore, the wonderfully exciting, nay, exquisitely TEASING data trend presented simply becomes instantly meaningless at the top end of the spectrum that has been established! So... The three cardinal, trapezoidal formations, hereto made orientable in our diagram by connecting the various points, HIGK, PEGQ and LMNO, creating our geometric configurations, which have no properties, but with location equal to the described triangle CAB quintuplicated. Therefore, it is also the five triangles composing the aforementioned NIGH each are equal to the triangle CAB in this geometric concept! Therefore, in a like manner, the geometric metaphors can derive a repeated vectoral sum...

If you have been paying attention (and are "old" enough), that last part was from the movie "Better Off Dead" which is apparently what the OP is prone to thinking some time! Hehehe...

The bottom line is that, since it has probably been a long enough time and since there are probably more people to sample... Let's start a new poll! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Cybershaman's post
29-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm 20 right now, will be 21 on November 11, 2011. No, I'm not going to celebrate my next birthday with alcohol, I don't drink and I don't ever plan to.
29-03-2011, 10:23 PM
(29-03-2011 10:14 PM)AgainstZombies Wrote:  I'm 20 right now, will be 21 on November 11, 2011. No, I'm not going to celebrate my next birthday with alcohol, I don't drink and I don't ever plan to.

Good for you! Use the booze to make Molotov cocktails to throw at zombies! Oh, wait... I think I read somewhere that a flaming zombie is actually bad news. Scratch that... hehehe... Wink
30-03-2011, 06:53 PM
I like to say I am 39.95 plus shipping and handling.
[+] 1 user Likes Reason Being's post
30-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I am 19 years old, I turn 20 in January.
27-04-2011, 01:21 AM
19 years of age and I will be 20 in July Smile I agree with Unbeliever about Bill Nye! I loved that show and it opened my mind as well.
Find all posts by this user
27-04-2011, 11:33 PM

I am a strong atheist, since 19
and everything goes perfect in my life since then.

Greetings folks.
02-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm 19, been an atheist since... I'm not sure exactly when. I started have questions and doubts a while ago, and my beliefs have slowly fallen against the forces of logic since then. So it's been something like 4-6 months.

I think my breaking point was when I decided that the whole idea of grace, and that God has decided to determine where we will spend eternity by whether or not we believe he exists, was a ridiculous. It's very hard to let go of faith, but it's much easier once you decide that if God is a decent guy he won't hold it against you if you don't figure out whether he exists Smile
07-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I am 16 years old.
Thread Closed