Ageless.
[Show Results]

How old do I seem?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: How old do I seem?
(01-08-2014 07:25 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 06:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wouldn't it suck living that long? Knowing you've paid all those life insurance payments and at some point it stopped being profitable for you and started to become very profitable for the insurance company?
That would bother me simply out of spite.

When is a life insurance policy ever profitable for the insured? Unless you have a plan you can cash out yourself, in which case chances are you will pay in more than you cash out (again, unless your account was on the market and had awesome gains).

The whole Idea of insurance is to screw the majority people over by having them pay for something that they will never benefit from (or would have paid less for out of pocket over time), is it not? Their goal is to profit afterall.

Actually if you do the math you'll find that it's very profitable to the insured.
If you stick with it you'll always come out on top.
The insurance company comes out on top when people cancel their life insurance plans. All that money paid to them becomes pure profit. They love it when people cancel their policy, nothing but dollar signs. The only reason they try to convince you to stay is because they're betting you'll eventually want to give it up again at a latter date, more dollar signs for the insurance company in the mean time.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 11:57 AM
(01-08-2014 07:25 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 06:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wouldn't it suck living that long? Knowing you've paid all those life insurance payments and at some point it stopped being profitable for you and started to become very profitable for the insurance company?
That would bother me simply out of spite.

When is a life insurance policy ever profitable for the insured? Unless you have a plan you can cash out yourself, in which case chances are you will pay in more than you cash out (again, unless your account was on the market and had awesome gains).

The whole Idea of insurance is to screw the majority people over by having them pay for something that they will never benefit from (or would have paid less for out of pocket over time), is it not? Their goal is to profit afterall.

D: You take that back. Tongue

01-08-2014, 12:02 PM
(01-08-2014 10:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually if you do the math you'll find that it's very profitable to the insured.

It's not at all clear to Girly that you can do the math. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
01-08-2014, 01:13 PM
193, although a lot of what you say reminds me of my 11 year old.
01-08-2014, 01:38 PM
(01-08-2014 10:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually if you do the math you'll find that it's very profitable to the insured.
The insurance company comes out on top when people cancel their life insurance plans. All that money paid to them becomes pure profit. They love it when people cancel their policy, nothing but dollar signs. The only reason they try to convince you to stay is because they're betting you'll eventually want to give it up again at a latter date, more dollar signs for the insurance company in the mean time.
Well, you can't come out on top if you are dead, so the more money in your pocket the better. If you are talking about how much money your family gets being greater than the amount of money you put in...then that is possible in some scenarios yes.

I was also referring to other types of insurance, such as health and car insurances that suck the marrow out of your wallet and almost never have a return worth nearly as much as the cost.

And sorry escapalaper, not sure what you are asking me to take back or why :/.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
01-08-2014, 07:31 PM
(01-08-2014 10:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 07:25 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  When is a life insurance policy ever profitable for the insured? Unless you have a plan you can cash out yourself, in which case chances are you will pay in more than you cash out (again, unless your account was on the market and had awesome gains).

Actually if you do the math you'll find that it's very profitable to the insured.

It was whole life and had pretty good cash value. As in, they sent me a check for lotsa bucks.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-08-2014, 07:59 PM
You don't look a whole lot older than me, I voted ageless. Thumbsup
01-08-2014, 08:00 PM
(01-08-2014 12:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

It's not at all clear to Girly that you can do the math. Drinking Beverage

I can so don't you worry your tiny little head about it. Big Grin

Quote:Well, you can't come out on top if you are dead, so the more money in your pocket the better. If you are talking about how much money your family gets being greater than the amount of money you put in...then that is possible in some scenarios yes.

It's profitable in all cases. Each time someone cashes in a life insurance policy, the insurance company loses out. Just so many more people cancel their life insurance plan or default on a single payment (and bam!, plan canceled, start again at higher rates) that it's profitable for insurance companies to offer life insurance.

Health insurance is more of a gamble. You can't say "it's always unprofitable to the insured" because it depends on how much they need surgery or break their arm or whatever. Same with car insurance. For me, motorbike insurance turned out very profitable. I claimed much much more in insurance on my last bike than I payed out. Car insurance is often pretty bad for insurance companies, it's more often than not unprofitable but they offer it because people like to have 1 insurance company and so if someone has car insurance with them, they'll likely have the profitable insurance plans with that company too.

The insurance that is a rip off is the maintenance type insurances.
Types of health care insurance that cover only things like doctors appointments and small health things. And car maintenance insurance that covers things like repair work and maintenance type stuff. That type of shit is a complete waste of money. You're better off putting that money away for those things.

Quote:It was whole life and had pretty good cash value. As in, they sent me a check for lotsa bucks.

That's one of the perks of being old I suppose. Some companies are willing to buy your life insurance plan and you can spend all the money and your family don't get shit. So doing it when I get old.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-08-2014, 09:21 PM
(01-08-2014 08:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 12:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's not at all clear to Girly that you can do the math. Drinking Beverage

I can so don't you worry your tiny little head about it.

I doubt you can even recognize the math required to state the problem. But I won't worry my little head over it. You don't even know enough math to realize that you don't know enough math to even formulate the problem. Fuckin' earmuffs.

#sigh
02-08-2014, 04:17 AM
(31-07-2014 07:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ferdy said I'm a teenager in disguise.

It's obvious that you're 18 and this entire "old as dirt" image earmuffs has given you (that you've humorously taken on) is just a facade. You're actually overflowing with excitement, energy and adventure and you've got a head full of hair and a skateboard. We went to high school together and egged our math teacher's house because math is hard and it's fun to be ignorant and rebellious. We're best friends, and we talk to each other on twitter all day about metal bands and underground rappers and cute youtubers that won't tweet us back. You have a tattoo of a hipster anchor on the back of your calf, and last weekend you got drunk with all of your friends and took a shit behind your car because you were too wasted to remember where the bathrooms were. I don't think you wiped either, but that's quite okay because wild, adventurous teens don't have time for wiping.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post