How pissed off is the West right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 06:20 PM
How pissed off is the West right now?
Take a look at this. A senior UN official has suggested that there is evidence of use of chemical weapons by Syrian rebels.

I'm no fan of Assad, nor of conspiracy theories. However, I am also no fan of the Syrian rebels either, and I think it's pretty obvious that the West (especially America) are desperate for a reason to invade in support of the rebels.

It'll be interesting to see how the America, the UK, and the UN react to this over the coming days. I'm betting on an attempt to discredit the story. After all, stories like this make it far harder for them to openly support the rebels.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 07:10 PM
RE: How pissed off is the West right now?
I couldn't reach the West for comment, but there is a Forest behind my house and I'm going out there now to get its opinion.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
06-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Note: it doesn't do service to blanket entire countries as "the West".

Do you mean the mainstream media in those countries? The voting citizens of those countries? The political and financial elites in those countries? As well as the financial and politically disenfranchised?

Because very few and specific peoples opinions matters when it comes to setting in motion plans that do or don't get people murdered or maimed.
[+] 3 users Like PoolBoyG's post
06-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Political elites.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-05-2013, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 09:23 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
I am no fan of dictatorship at all. Yet from China's history, I know that the one who overthrew an emperor wished to become another, who might be the very victim of the dictatorship of the former emperor. So for the Syrian rebels, I would say I am not surprised ...

And for Obama, who said "the bottom line is this would of course be clearly unacceptable" to use chemical weapons, I think he is just going to put up a performance showing ' kid, you are too naive to expect no double standard. Besides, what am I supposed to do ? Supporting a dictator who doesn't provide benefits like the Saudi Arab emirates do ? ' Or he could also just say "the bottom line has changed, therefore nothing is wrong" or "the bottom line is for the Syrian government. We don't have a bottom line for the rebels"...

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
06-05-2013, 09:32 PM
(06-05-2013 08:47 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Political elites.

Not at all. I just really don't see anything at all positive about lumping individuals in with groups they don't voluntarily belong to. In my case, I live in the west because that's where my parents fucked and they don't travel much... it weren't my choice.

Likewise, don't consent to or approve of the murders that are committed by the people who call themselves government on the continent I was born on.

Quite simply, I'm not the west and I don't like to be labeled a murderer. Big Grin

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2013, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 09:51 PM by fstratzero.)
I don't think the U.S. should have anything to do with Syria. Besides we are already being blamed for starting the war.

It doesn't make sense but that is what the people in that area think. Basically any kind of conflict or death happens it's America.

[Image: Blame-America.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
06-05-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't see why we should be involved at all, it isn't as if the Syrian rebels are their own Washingtons and Jeffersons, they are religious extremists and will merely prop up an Islamic state to replace the Assad dictatorship as what replaced Mubarak in Egypt. Seems to me Assad would be lesser of two evils for the West.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist in Westeros's post
07-05-2013, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 02:59 AM by Free Thought.)
I say the western world should just leave it all alone, let the Syrians sort it all out.

Even if the UN gets involved and decides intervention was required, they should give the job to a local member nation, leave the rest of the world out of it.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
07-05-2013, 03:11 AM
I say... nuke the bastards and steal their oil, or oranges, or whatever they've got.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post