How pissed off is the West right now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2013, 04:13 AM
RE: How pissed off is the West right now?
(06-05-2013 11:11 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  I don't see why we should be involved at all, it isn't as if the Syrian rebels are their own Washingtons and Jeffersons, they are religious extremists and will merely prop up an Islamic state to replace the Assad dictatorship as what replaced Mubarak in Egypt. Seems to me Assad would be lesser of two evils for the West.

You'd do it for the innocent peo.. ehhh I'm sorry, I can't even type that without bursting out laughing.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 07:21 AM
America's reason for getting involved in Syria (and Libya and whichever one comes next) is simple. They can't always control a dictatorship, whereas a democracy is easy for them to control.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Syria is in a bad position. On one side we have a dictatorship allied with terrorist groups that has committed massacres in the past and which is deeply unpopular with minorities. On the other, we have a mixed bag of secular democrats, Islamists, Kurdish nationalists, terrorists, and tribal militants that would be killing each other if they weren't killing the same people already.

The largest group in the opposition seems to be secular democrats, but the same has been true in every other 'Arab spring' revolution where a coalition of conservative nationalists and Islamists still won ultimate control. It's very unlikely that the government replacing Assad would be anything more than another Libya or Egypt.

Either we have a Saddam in power or another Karzai.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
07-05-2013, 09:42 AM
(07-05-2013 07:21 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  America's reason for getting involved in Syria (and Libya and whichever one comes next) is simple. They can't always control a dictatorship, whereas a democracy is easy for them to control.

That seems to be the exact opposite of our policy for the last 60 years. Any way I think the Obama administration is breathing a little easier now that it was the rebels who used the chemical weapons. Means he doesn't have to get involved in a conflict no one wants America involved in, save the chicken hawks that want to go to war with everyone.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Don't lift your blindfolds!!!!!!!!!

Go back to sleep, listen to the media..... do not question these things.

Go to work, pay your tax's and above all conform!!!

This was a service announcement brought to you by the ministry of propaganda and the interests of others

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
07-05-2013, 10:19 AM
I don't see any conforming in this thread?
Is it hidden under a rock somewhere?

Also, you realize you work a steady job, you pay taxes, you rent (or pay mortgage), you buy groceries and you don't blow up government buildings...
Yeah, you're a real rebel Bemore. Keep up that anti-conforming!
Keep not doing anything about it, that'll show those big government dogs eh?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
07-05-2013, 10:30 AM
(07-05-2013 07:21 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  America's reason for getting involved in Syria (and Libya and whichever one comes next) is simple. They can't always control a dictatorship, whereas a democracy is easy for them to control.

Actually, I believe that americans like to think they can control democracy. The problem is most american's haven't a clue and have ignored their founding fathers and forced countries into democracy then bitch about the decisions its people make.

In other words most american's have a skewed view democracy based on their own limited view, which excludes the world -- and how corrupt governments can really be (and I'm not talking about bullshit US politics either...I'm talking about Iran where you have a "choice" to vote for a (president) dictator or nothing -- and choosing nothing can lead to reprisal).

For democracy to work, the people have to really want it and understand that their freedoms are real and assured by the government.

There has never been a US president to after being sworn into office, declared martial law and ordered congress and supreme court to be executed. Since our freedoms are so ingrained into us, its doubtful that the military would back up such craziness.

Yet this has happened in other countries where former government officials have been executed and the US stands by scratching their ass wondering how things went wrong. Or they try to put in place a puppet government and after the first "real" election those people are rounded up and thrown out of power. Again, the US stands, scratching their collective heads wondering why.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

07-05-2013, 11:27 AM
(07-05-2013 10:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Actually, I believe that americans like to think they can control democracy. The problem is most american's haven't a clue and have ignored their founding fathers and forced countries into democracy then bitch about the decisions its people make.

In other words most american's have a skewed view democracy based on their own limited view, which excludes the world -- and how corrupt governments can really be (and I'm not talking about bullshit US politics either...I'm talking about Iran where you have a "choice" to vote for a (president) dictator or nothing -- and choosing nothing can lead to reprisal).

For democracy to work, the people have to really want it and understand that their freedoms are real and assured by the government.

There has never been a US president to after being sworn into office, declared martial law and ordered congress and supreme court to be executed. Since our freedoms are so ingrained into us, its doubtful that the military would back up such craziness.

Yet this has happened in other countries where former government officials have been executed and the US stands by scratching their ass wondering how things went wrong. Or they try to put in place a puppet government and after the first "real" election those people are rounded up and thrown out of power. Again, the US stands, scratching their collective heads wondering why.

To the Western political powers that be democracy in developing countries is brilliant. If the guy in power isn't giving you what you want (regarding trade agreements etc) you have a chance to remove him within four years (and they'll be successful, Western Governments who involve themselves in these things tend to be good with propaganda and have the financial resources to ensure a more friendly opposition win through). A dictatorship is a total nightmare. If the guy in charge won't play ball when do you ever get a chance to do anything about it?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-05-2013, 01:02 PM
(07-05-2013 03:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I say... nuke the bastards and steal their oil, or oranges, or whatever they've got.

At least the beta's will stop complaining about water boarding.

Hell, some people sign up for it!Yes
[Image: Navy-Seal.jpg]
07-05-2013, 01:13 PM
(07-05-2013 10:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't see any conforming in this thread?
Is it hidden under a rock somewhere?

Also, you realize you work a steady job, you pay taxes, you rent (or pay mortgage), you buy groceries and you don't blow up government buildings...
Yeah, you're a real rebel Bemore. Keep up that anti-conforming!
Keep not doing anything about it, that'll show those big government dogs eh?

I have been on many different rallies, I have produced and handed out leaflets pertaining facts and information. I have stuck them up at bus stops, under windscreen wipers in car parks and have put many in different books in libraries across the county where I live, some maybe have never been discovered yet and there is no guarantee that the will be read or empathised with.

I speak about inconvenient truths. How Saddam Hussein stopped trading his Oil in dollars and got smashed to pieces, how Qaddafi was going towards the final stages of introducing the Gold Dinar and empowering the african nations and stepping away from the petrodollar and he too got smashed to pieces. How many wars are fought to keep the petrodollar in place as without it America would not be where they were economically wise.

I hold opinions that go against the mainstream and for this for many years I have been mocked and called a "conspiracy theorist". Even under such pressure I have failed to conform... instead I ask people who have voted and who think they live in a democracy if their tick in a box every few years decides who we go to war with? Does it decide if we should keep paying millions everyday to the European Union and get nothing in return? Does this little tick decide policies and cuts that affect the most vunerable of society... in a society that doesnt even know how the system operates fully (so how can they even be in a position to vote anyway?)

I dont conform, instead I have been making ripples and now instead of being called a "conspiracy theorist" many people who I have tirelessly and selfishly given information too have started to do their own research. To step away from listening to the mainstream media without questioning what they have to say.

I have planted seeds in peoples minds and they too have started to question....

If you want me to blow up goverment buildings.... then that will achieve nothing except hurt and kill innocent people and will do more damage than good to the cause that I strive for.......

Knowledge is power, questioning is the first step......

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post