How relevant is patriotism in the 21st century?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM

RE: How relevant is patriotism in the 21st century?
(01-12-2011 05:48 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  I wouldn't use a funny face.... it's too true.

Sorry about the 'teasing' face -- I knew you wouldn't, that is why I used it.

And, you are right: what you wrote is, sadly, true.
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Not entirely. Wink

It is a long held belief that word encodes concept in mind - like the words of the OP, the words of defacto7 and Peterkin - over time, these words become reinforced pattern in the mind. "America" becomes, "I," this chair, those neighbors, "we the people;" that "America" becomes the "greatest country" by continually reinforcing the patterns of "I, the great."

But the paradigm is incorrect. A modern concept more fully encodes "concept," the compiler. What is compiled, is essentially assembly language. This is an area covered by the naive philosophy of "the Witwiki symbolism;" there is a tao to deprogram the self of these evolutionary imperatives. Currently said tao can only be expressed in the consideration of 4; i.e. the entirety of my being is 4 lines of computer code. Normal human beings simply do not reduce the self to such minima; we're working on an upgrade.

For the nonce, to see a future of increasing potential without duality; minimize the self and grasp the dual singularities with both hands: Love, and Truth.

That is what the universe is. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-12-2011, 11:20 PM
HoC...
Quote:Wrong. There is no "mis" information; the quality of deception is through identity, and within.

Nah... unless you ARE the machine.

But I really like this one....

(02-12-2011 12:47 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  For the nonce, to see a future of increasing potential without duality; minimize the self and grasp the dual singularities with both hands: Love, and Truth.

That is what the universe is. Wink

... swoon ...

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post
04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
(30-11-2011 11:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course, if those Canucks invade, I might hafta get nationalistic about it. Tongue
We already have. Our advance forces include Dan Aykroyd, Jim Carrey, Kefer Sutherland, Michael J. Fox, Lorne Green, Shania Twain, Keanu Reeves, Kim Cattrall, John Candy, Catherine O’Hara, Eugene Levy, Martin Short, Dave Thomas, Lorne Michaels, Pamela Anderson, Paul Anka, Neve Campbell, Tommy Chong, James Doohan, David James Elliot, Jessalyn Gilsig, Catherine O'Hara, Ellen Page, Christopher Plummer, William Shatner, and many more. We are sneaky.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-12-2011, 03:35 PM
(04-12-2011 07:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-11-2011 11:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course, if those Canucks invade, I might hafta get nationalistic about it. Tongue
We already have. Our advance forces include Dan Aykroyd, Jim Carrey, Kefer Sutherland, Michael J. Fox, Lorne Green, Shania Twain, Keanu Reeves, Kim Cattrall, John Candy, Catherine O’Hara, Eugene Levy, Martin Short, Dave Thomas, Lorne Michaels, Pamela Anderson, Paul Anka, Neve Campbell, Tommy Chong, James Doohan, David James Elliot, Jessalyn Gilsig, Catherine O'Hara, Ellen Page, Christopher Plummer, William Shatner, and many more. We are sneaky.

Sneaky bastards. Of course, the only one of those to really be worried about is Paul Anka. "No I will not put my head on your shoulder and I'm not having your baby. ... creepy old fuck." ... And screw you Chas for making me remember those "songs".

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-12-2011, 03:42 PM
(04-12-2011 03:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Sneaky bastards. Of course, the only one of those to really be worried about is Paul Anka. "No I will not put my head on your shoulder and I'm not having your baby. ... creepy old fuck." ... And screw you Chas for making me remember those "songs".
How did I not know Lorne Green was Canadian?
Sheesh... ya follow a guy around the Ponderosa forever, only to find you really have no idea who he is. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-12-2011, 03:45 PM
(04-12-2011 03:42 PM)kim Wrote:  How did I not know Lorne Green was Canadian?
Sheesh... ya follow a guy around the Ponderosa forever, only to find you really have no idea who he is. Undecided

We are masters of disguise.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
04-12-2011, 08:01 PM

Stana Katic claims dual citizenship - dang girl invaded my mind today - pesky Canucks. Tongue

05-12-2011, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2011 12:47 AM by defacto7.)

Ha.... You are trying to fudge the list!!! I see it! There are 2 Catherine O'Haras listed! See... you just tryin' to pull the wool over our eyes... but we can see you pumping the list... yeah.. right.. not as many as that! You think your smart aye! or ey or however you spell that... You say many more? Many more what?... many more Catherine O'Haras?

I'm watchin you guys up there!! Dodgy You Catherine O'Hara mutipliers! I'm gona' call you multiharas from now on...

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
05-12-2011, 01:29 AM
(05-12-2011 12:43 AM)defacto7 Wrote:  

Ha.... You are trying to fudge the list!!! I see it! There are 2 Catherine O'Haras listed! See... you just tryin' to pull the wool over our eyes... but we can see you pumping the list... yeah.. right.. not as many as that! You think your smart aye! or ey or however you spell that... You say many more? Many more what?... many more Catherine O'Haras?

I'm watchin you guys up there!! Dodgy You Catherine O'Hara mutipliers! I'm gona' call you multiharas from now on...

Careful... might be a trap... heck, I might be a trap with that Stana chick in my brain! Confused

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post