How religion hurts children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: How religion hurts children
(21-08-2015 10:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 10:02 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  If other people's religion hurts children, or women or men, that is what pisses me off and I will speak out about it. People have the right to believe what they want, but if those beliefs cause harm, they deserve to be called out.

Here is another one:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../25790427/

2 year old starved to death because his parents and church thought he was possessed.

Damnit. Damn them. Ugh! It's times like this I wish I did believe in Hell.

Child's Death Sheds Light on Biblical Disciplinary Teachings
http://abcnews.go.com/US/childs-death-sh...d=14897901

Deaths of children have been linked to the book 'To Train Up a Child'

The parenting book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael and Debi Pearl has been blamed for the death of several children.

The book advises parents to use objects like a quarter-inch plumbing tube to spank children and "break their will." It also mentions withholding food and putting children under a cold garden hose. The contents of Pearl's book has been cited as advocating child abuse and its teachings were linked to the deaths of Sean Paddock, Lydia Schatz, and Hana Grace-Rose Williams. In all three cases the parents were homeschooling their children and are believed to have read Pearl's book.
The Pearls’ ministry "No Greater Joy Ministries" brings in $1.7 million a year through book and video sales and donations. However, they live in a one-room apartment near the church.

http://www.examiner.com/article/deaths-o...up-a-child

This is so fucking disturbing...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post
21-08-2015, 03:41 PM
(21-08-2015 01:36 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 10:26 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Damnit. Damn them. Ugh! It's times like this I wish I did believe in Hell.

Child's Death Sheds Light on Biblical Disciplinary Teachings
http://abcnews.go.com/US/childs-death-sh...d=14897901

Deaths of children have been linked to the book 'To Train Up a Child'

The parenting book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael and Debi Pearl has been blamed for the death of several children.

The book advises parents to use objects like a quarter-inch plumbing tube to spank children and "break their will." It also mentions withholding food and putting children under a cold garden hose. The contents of Pearl's book has been cited as advocating child abuse and its teachings were linked to the deaths of Sean Paddock, Lydia Schatz, and Hana Grace-Rose Williams. In all three cases the parents were homeschooling their children and are believed to have read Pearl's book.
The Pearls’ ministry "No Greater Joy Ministries" brings in $1.7 million a year through book and video sales and donations. However, they live in a one-room apartment near the church.

http://www.examiner.com/article/deaths-o...up-a-child

This is so fucking disturbing...

There was a jackass here some time ago defending that book. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2015, 06:08 AM
(21-08-2015 06:48 AM)Exoclap Wrote:  Some people take religion way to far like these people did. They were mentally ill and not all christians are like that. I hope your not one of that atheists that bashes other peoples religion. People believe in something because they want. For example if god exists and you die you will regret everything in your life and if christians dies he will come to heaven. Christians can't lost nothing for beleivng on what they want to beleilve. Religion is not the problem humanity is. That is my opinion. Thanks

Nope. Calling bullshit on that buddy. This shit is beyond the norm. You don't hear about anyone doing silly shit like this and then trying to pawn off the responsibility like you see religious folks do. This shit is a disease that's gone on way too long. And don't give me that whole bs about being a peaceful Christian or whatever because at the end of the day they look at everyone else with this I feel sorry for you snobbish kind of attitude. The whole lot is full of hypocrites.
[+] 2 users Like MrKrispy601's post
16-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Faith healing parents who let two of their children die for treatable conditions are sentenced to 3 and half to seven years. Their remaining six children are in foster care.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/19...18659.html

Again, why do religious beliefs hold such a privileged position???
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
16-09-2015, 02:04 PM
(16-09-2015 12:01 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  Faith healing parents who let two of their children die for treatable conditions are sentenced to 3 and half to seven years. Their remaining six children are in foster care.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/19...18659.html

Again, why do religious beliefs hold such a privileged position???

And yet there are still some people out there who don't view religion as a form of child abuse...
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-09-2015, 04:56 AM
I dunno...

While I agree people's religions get kids killed far too often --- I don't know if the OP really qualifies......

As I read it -- the woman told the police that "a jinn did it" ----

But that's not necessarily why she did it.

It's probably just as likely she's not really religious, but just a murdering cunt.

She just thought the cops would be stupid enough to buy "the devil did it".....

So much for that plan, ya stupid bitch.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-09-2015, 11:08 AM
(17-09-2015 04:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno...

While I agree people's religions get kids killed far too often --- I don't know if the OP really qualifies......

It's probably just as likely she's not really religious, but just a murdering cunt.

Maybe I am just too naive, but for parents to throw a 1 month old baby out of a fourth story window, it would require some serious delusion like only religion can do. I suspect the baby had colic. They were provably miserable and spent, but to kill the baby???
17-09-2015, 12:21 PM
(17-09-2015 11:08 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 04:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno...

Maybe I am just too naive, but for parents to throw a 1 month old baby out of a fourth story window, it would require some serious delusion like only religion can do. I suspect the baby had colic. They were provably miserable and spent, but to kill the baby???
Sadly -- it's far too common.

When they have to put up billboards "Never shake a baby" -- you gotta wonder if maybe we should start licensing procreation.

Some people's DNA needs to get outta the gene pool.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-09-2015, 02:48 PM
Religion can be harmful to kids in many ways.

My oldest daughter was told by her grandparents (on her mother's side) that her mother went to heaven. Which sounds nice and everything. I mean she's only 11, and it's pretty hard dealing with the death of a parent at that age. Thinking you might get to see them again in heaven is a nice idea.

On the other hand, a kid at school told her that her mom was going to hell. Which is a terrifying thought for an 11 year old to have. Not quite 'abusive', but still damaging in many ways. Kids often get confusing messages like that. I mean thinking about your mother burning in a lake of fire for eternity... not a pretty picture for anybody.

A lot of kids grow up feeling guilty and broken. That alone should be enough to make it illegal to teach a child about religion before they're 16.
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
18-09-2015, 10:05 AM
I don't know if you are widowed or not, If you are, I am sorry. I am also sorry that your kids lost their mother. It is horrific that added to the pain of loosing a mother, your daughter was told that her mother was going to hell. This is the kind of crap that makes my blood boil. I hope your daughter is doing OK.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post