How superstitious do you have to be to be considered "superstitious"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: How superstitious do you have to be to be considered "superstitious"?
(28-05-2013 06:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 06:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Haha! Yeah, I definitely hear you. The sidewalk thing is a little different, though. It's a not a superstition thing, more like a classic OCD thing. You know like those unfortunate souls who have to turn a light on and off three times whenever they go in a room, or touch the doorknob 17 times, shit like that. It never turned into anything weird with me, but I can empathize with that strange urge to repeat completely useless actions.

OK, maybe I have a bit of OCD in me, I know my wife will say I have more than a just a bit Cool

Anyway I never have to touch the doorknob 17 times...the knob maybe...Ohmy

Sorry Weeping

You mentioned OCD, so I don't have to look for another thread on it; good.
Even numbers!!! TV volume = 4, 8, 12. Stereo volume = 28, 32, 36. I always read 2 chapters at a time out of the novel I happen to be on. The stove knobs = 2 or 6. Superstitious? No. Do I get all bent out of shape at someone elses house when they stick the volume on 5? No. I just like my even #'s durn it!
Is that OCD? I don't think so!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 06:59 PM
(28-05-2013 06:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 06:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  OK, maybe I have a bit of OCD in me, I know my wife will say I have more than a just a bit Cool

Sorry Weeping

Even numbers!!! TV volume = 4, 8, 12. Stereo volume = 28, 32, 36. I always read 2 chapters at a time out of the novel I happen to be on. The stove knobs = 2 or 6. Superstitious? No. Do I get all bent out of shape at someone elses house when they stick the volume on 5? No. I just like my even #'s durn it!

OCD? Not really. But I'd call it OCDish.

Face it man, you're a psycho. Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-05-2013, 07:04 PM
(28-05-2013 06:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 06:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  OK, maybe I have a bit of OCD in me, I know my wife will say I have more than a just a bit Cool

Sorry Weeping

Yeah, that's OCD Yes
You're lucky that there are as many even numbers as there are total numbers.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-05-2013, 07:04 PM
(28-05-2013 06:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 06:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You mentioned OCD, so I don't have to look for another thread on it; good.

OCD? Not really. But I'd call it OCDish.

LOL Maybe it's a good thing I play in groups, but live alone, then! These gals would have me committed Dodgy

28-05-2013, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 07:59 PM by Full Circle.)
(28-05-2013 07:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 06:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  OCD? Not really. But I'd call it OCDish.

LOL Maybe it's a good thing I play in groups, but live alone, then! These gals would have me committed Dodgy

You live alone Gulegon? That means you are an odd inhabitant in your own home Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-05-2013, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 07:38 PM by TheGulegon.)
(28-05-2013 07:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 07:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  LOL Maybe it's a good thing I play in groups, but live alone, then! These gals would have me committed Dodgy

You live alone Gulegon? That mean you are an odd inhabitant in your own home Laughat

Huh I....never....thought about it.....like that. Why....didn't my lady.....bring this....to my attention......aaggh

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post