How to Get Better Leadership in the Two Party System

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: How to Get Better Leadership in the Two Party System
(16-10-2016 07:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Another kind of leader will be the nation-builder that can lead people to an aspirational vision (or set of values), examples being Nelson Mandela and Lee Kuan Yew and Steve Jobs (actually Frankie-Pope might be in this category too; time will tell). [...]

Sorry, a bit off topic, but I'd have to disagree with your claim that Nelson Mandela was an inspirational leader.

Mandela was the head of MK (uMkhonto we Sizwe) the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his subsequent trial, he pleaded guilty to more than 150 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent citizens, including children, were killed by Mandela’s MK terrorists between 1993 and 1998.

After he was jailed, Amnesty International refused to support his case and said that "it could not give the name of 'Prisoner of Conscience' to anyone associated with violence".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2016, 10:40 AM
(16-10-2016 10:00 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 07:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Another kind of leader will be the nation-builder that can lead people to an aspirational vision (or set of values), examples being Nelson Mandela and Lee Kuan Yew and Steve Jobs (actually Frankie-Pope might be in this category too; time will tell). [...]

Sorry, a bit off topic, but I'd have to disagree with your claim that Nelson Mandela was an inspirational leader.

Not my claim.

FC used the word "inspirational"; my term was "aspirational vision".

Cool

16-10-2016, 10:43 AM
(16-10-2016 10:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 10:00 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Sorry, a bit off topic, but I'd have to disagree with your claim that Nelson Mandela was an inspirational leader.

Not my claim.

FC used the word "inspirational"; my term was "aspirational vision".

Cool

Sure, blame it on me. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-10-2016, 11:00 AM
(14-10-2016 07:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've written about this before -- I believe that we're getting the worst possible leadership now -- because each side withholds information about the opposition until after the primaries. This ensures they're not running against the best the other side has to offer - but more frequently the worst.

This must change.

We should require each presidential candidate to publish IN WRITING -- an essay of who they think is the BEST that the other side should run for the office.

Of course - you're going to say "They won't do that!!"....

Who said we should make it optional?????

If it was REQUIRED of the candidates to say who they think is the best the other side has to offer --- it would make the smear campaigns of today - a thing of the past.

Or -- it would be very easy to go back to the essay - and see that the writer is a liar.......

We'd be the winner.

We'd be far more likely to get good leadership from honest people, who are willing to put the countries interest ahead of their own personal ambitions......................

Oh that's easy. That's in the hands of the public who largely doesn't give a shit about politics and then wonders why the political parties either don't notice them or don't care about them. There are a lotta dumb people out there who invest absolutely no time or effort into the political process, or think that by refusing to vote they are making their dissatisfaction known to our elected officials (you don't!). As such you literally ARE getting the leaders you deserve because they are catering to the people who actually are voting in large numbers, namely older white people.

Liberals like to scream about how difficult it is for minorities or poor people in the country to vote or that law should disenfranchise them. While I have seen examples such as the NC voter registration laws whic targeted minorities in particular, I have never seen how even the worst of these things block or prevent you from voting. How fucking difficult is it just to get a photo ID card when you are shopping for groceries at WalMart or a passport from the US post office or any other means to get a government issued ID? You're gonna need a document like that anyway when you apply for a job or a bank account or a mortgage, so go get one.

And unless that changes, unless you the public decide getting good elected officials is important and get involved in politics and vote in large numbers, expect to be continually served a never ending stream of shitburgers like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade