How to achieve world peace...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: How to achieve world peace...
Maybe those who are opposed to the 7-point plan in the OP need, if not killing, maybe corrective brain surgery?

However, if I were Q -- it would be easy and painless!

Besides, Q's famous line is: "oh, you humans are always suffering and dying!" Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2013, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2013 03:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-03-2013 08:03 PM)Zat Wrote:  I guess I should have spelled out the assumption: you have unlimited power (maybe you are a god or an omnipotent alien)

What would Girly do if he was an omnipresent, omniscient, omnibenevolent being. I'd fucking off myself out of sheer boredom in some sorta big bang sorta way or something. ... Wait, pretty sure I already done that. Tongue

(16-03-2013 07:23 PM)Zat Wrote:  6. Abolish compound interest;

Compound interest been berry berry good to me.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-03-2013, 02:40 PM
(23-03-2013 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Compound interest been berry berry good to me.

...and fucked a lot of us big time...
23-03-2013, 02:53 PM
(23-03-2013 02:40 PM)Zat Wrote:  
(23-03-2013 02:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Compound interest been berry berry good to me.

...and fucked a lot of us big time...

Care to share? I mean Girly ain't no loan shark or shyster and I've never dealt with any. Don't see how compound interest could fuck you separate from loan sharks and shysters?

23-03-2013, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2013 05:14 AM by Zat.)
When I was young and stupid (one of these is redundant) I wanted everything NOW -- so I used a lot of credit cards.

18-28% interest used to be called usury and people were hanged for that during much of history -- now it is standard practice.

Most of us are "young and stupid" before we get "old and smart" (if we ever do), so a lot of people are robbed blind by their own greed, impatience and oblivion.

You want to start a family? -- borrow the money!

You want to own a house? -- borrow the money!

You want to die and have a nice funeral? -- borrow the money!

Compound interest means that you have to pay forever to pay off the interest that accrued ten years ago.

I still use credit cards but I have been paying them off every single month to the penny, for decades now.

On the bottom of my current credit card statement, over a $700.70 balance, there is a note:

"The estimated time to repay the current statement balance if you only make minimum monthly payment on each due date is 14 years and 11 months."

You get a shorter sentence for armed robbery, murder and rape these days!
23-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Maybe there is something to this...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-03-2013, 05:40 AM
When I bought my first house in Canada in 1973, on a 12.5% mortgage, 30 years amortization -- I calculated that by the time I paid off the house, I will have paid off the purchase price 7 times over. And that means: while I was buying myself one house -- I was also buying a house for 6 other people.

Isn't compound interest just a real beauty?
24-03-2013, 04:13 PM
(23-03-2013 03:14 PM)Zat Wrote:  When I was young and stupid (one of these is redundant) I wanted everything NOW -- so I used a lot of credit cards.

18-28% interest used to be called usury and people were hanged for that during much of history -- now it is standard practice.

Most of us are "young and stupid" before we get "old and smart" (if we ever do), so a lot of people are robbed blind by their own greed, impatience and oblivion.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and used to have the piss poor credit rating to prove it. I was young, dumb and full of cum.

(23-03-2013 03:14 PM)Zat Wrote:  I still use credit cards but I have been paying them off every single month to the penny, for decades now.

And now I'm no longer young, dumb and full of cum and ManlyGirl's made sure I have an excellent credit rating and rely on compound interest to secure our retirement. Compound interest ain't evil, simple interest is. Tongue

24-03-2013, 04:52 PM
(24-03-2013 05:40 AM)Zat Wrote:  When I bought my first house in Canada in 1973, on a 12.5% mortgage, 30 years amortization -- I calculated that by the time I paid off the house, I will have paid off the purchase price 7 times over. And that means: while I was buying myself one house -- I was also buying a house for 6 other people.

Isn't compound interest just a real beauty?
I guess you should have just paid cash for the house.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
25-03-2013, 12:27 PM
(24-03-2013 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Compound interest ain't evil, simple interest is. Tongue

If simple interest is evil, then you compound that evil with compound interest. Big Grin