How to become a Veridican--what do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 03:55 PM
RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
(19-01-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 08:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Say, Ed, are there any Veridicans other than you and your wife? Consider

No. Until now, there never has been a way to be a Veridican. There's never been any organization of any sort. It was just our own thing. My hope is that I can attract people to the cause and show them the truth as it has been shown to me, but it's going to take time. And then I won't know who is a private Veridican.

But no, right now, it's just two. Confused

Big surprise.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 05:56 PM
(19-01-2013 03:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 03:02 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Okay I'm just going to post my opinion, and will probably not respond again. So here we go.

Free Thinker asks what the motives of him posting on THIS forum are. He already sort of admitted that he is here to "make mistakes" with it. But I would suspect the full reason is for him to use us to fish out the "holes" so he can fill them, because he can rely on us to pick it apart piece by piece....building himself a stronger faith base. Basically we will find whats wrong with his religion and he can "fix" it.

Isn't that what all debate is about?

Quote:I don't feel right assisting him with this. So I will probably not interact with him much.

Then your admitting that something might arise that would defeat your personal atheist argument. I take that as a compliment. Thanks for the help. Laughat

Quote:As for "All atheists here are christians or they wouldn't be here" comment Egor made earlier..... As an atheist who's ALWAYS been an atheist I would just like to say I am here for the company of like minded people. So broad sweeping remarks like that are unfounded.

That explains why you're at TTA. It still leaves the mystery as to why you're in this thread. Cool
I also have no personal atheist argument. I have no beliefs in god/s. End of story. I don't have any doubts in my view as of right now. As I also have no need or desire for debates. If one of you theists can ever come up with a single convincing bit of proof then I'm more than willing to reexamine my views. But deep down ya'll know it will never happen. So more power to you.

And you can think of me whatever you want. If you were something more than just another silly theist to me maybe I'd be concerned. But as you're not...have at it.

I am here because I choose to be. Not a real mystery. Simple concepts are hard for some however.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 12 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
20-01-2013, 11:02 AM
[Image: 7b2.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
20-01-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 02:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-01-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  ... and show them the truth ...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ... Nah, fuck that, by now I fucking know it does not mean what you think it means. ... I just can't believe that Logic 101 is not a requirement in nursing school. Logic 101 should be a required subject for all fucking degrees.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-01-2013, 02:41 PM
The rules are basic, although still this cult of yours is nothing special compared to the other mainstream Christianity secs.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
20-01-2013, 03:12 PM
I will give Ego® credit for one thing his religion seems to do that most others do not. He seems to advocate an embrace of doubt, as long as the doubter strays back to the church. That's smart. Why? Because it recognizes the inevitable doubt a logical person will have about believing anything counter to reality, and instead of shaming them for it, embraces it. Built-in safety mechanism.

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
20-01-2013, 09:59 PM
But he doesn't really embrace doubt. The end result is the same. If you don't end up toeing his party line you are going to hell in a handbasket (or however). I know Christians who think doubting is normal PROVIDED you make what they think is the right choice, you prodigal son or daughter you! This is nothing new or different. The end result is what matters to them to secure your entree past the velvet rope, er, pearly gates. Same shite, different day...Looks like it will continue to me just him and the missus unless she too sees what crap it is!

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
21-01-2013, 10:10 AM
(20-01-2013 09:59 PM)cjs Wrote:  But he doesn't really embrace doubt. The end result is the same. If you don't end up toeing his party line you are going to hell in a handbasket (or however). I know Christians who think doubting is normal PROVIDED you make what they think is the right choice, you prodigal son or daughter you! This is nothing new or different. The end result is what matters to them to secure your entree past the velvet rope, er, pearly gates. Same shite, different day...Looks like it will continue to me just him and the missus unless she too sees what crap it is!
Agreed. What I was trying to say is that he doesn't seem to have outlined the shame that is supposed to go along with doubt in every other religion. He fears doubt as much as any other religious zealot, but he can't actually shake it so he wants to find a way to embrace it without feeling ashamed.

Evolve
21-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Ok I see your point. But it seems pointless since it ends up the same way, eternal torture with or without the shame for doubters. A subtle distinction.

Godless in the Magnolia State
21-01-2013, 10:29 AM
(21-01-2013 10:22 AM)cjs Wrote:  Ok I see your point. But it seems pointless since it ends up the same way, eternal torture with or without the shame for doubters. A subtle distinction.
I'd make a joke about the eternal torture, but I have already used my best several times today...

Hmm...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post