How to become a Veridican--what do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 03:43 PM

How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
This is a statement I intend to release on my site. What do you think of it?

PS. I'm sorry to post this in TTA, but I can't think of a better place to vett it.

The Private Veridican

By definition, a Veridican is someone who believes the Veridican Articles of Faith. Therefore, to become a Veridican, one must only say to themselves that they believe the articles of faith.

But belief waxes and wanes. Inspired by the Holy Spirit, I wrote the Articles of Faith, but even I struggle with their meaning at times, and that struggle leads me to meditate on them, and that is good for my soul and my ongoing transformation into Christ.

Moreover, our peripatetic journey through life will always take us from doubt to faith and back again. That is the sign of a healthy transformation of spirit. So, don’t make the term “belief” too heavy a yoke on yourself. Look at it more like “inspired.” You believe the Articles enough, if you are inspired by them enough to keep thinking about their implications.

That’s private Veridicanism.

Public Veridicanism

Public Veridicanism has rules. If you want the world to know you are a Veridican, you have to make a public statement of faith so everyone knows where you stand. This is done online.

The public statement reads:

1. I believe in God.

2. I believe in God’s Son, Jesus Christ, and that my purpose is to become Christ, even as he was Christ.

3. I believe the life and teachings of Jesus Christ are revealed in The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

4. I believe in the Veridican Articles of Faith of the Church of The Veridican to the extent of my understanding.

5. I will never disparage God, Jesus Christ, my brother and sisters in Christ, the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, nor the Church of the Veridican.

6. On my honor, I make this statement in good faith without mental reservations or purposes of evasion, so help me God.

Presumably a person would just cut and paste it and maybe type there nic as a signature. Huh
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
(18-01-2013 03:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  5. I will never disparage God, Jesus Christ, my brother and sisters in Christ, the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, nor the Church of the Veridican.

[Image: 104-immune-from-criticism_zps60c6a995.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 19 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 03:53 PM
(18-01-2013 03:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  This is a statement I intend to release on my site. What do you think of it?

PS. I'm sorry to post this in TTA, but I can't think of a better place to vett it.

The Private Veridican

By definition, a Veridican is someone who believes the Veridican Articles of Faith. Therefore, to become a Veridican, one must only say to themselves that they believe the articles of faith.

But belief waxes and wanes. Inspired by the Holy Spirit, I wrote the Articles of Faith, but even I struggle with their meaning at times, and that struggle leads me to meditate on them, and that is good for my soul and my ongoing transformation into Christ.

Moreover, our peripatetic journey through life will always take us from doubt to faith and back again. That is the sign of a healthy transformation of spirit. So, don’t make the term “belief” too heavy a yoke on yourself. Look at it more like “inspired.” You believe the Articles enough, if you are inspired by them enough to keep thinking about their implications.

That’s private Veridicanism.

Public Veridicanism

Public Veridicanism has rules. If you want the world to know you are a Veridican, you have to make a public statement of faith so everyone knows where you stand. This is done online.

The public statement reads:

1. I believe in God.

2. I believe in God’s Son, Jesus Christ, and that my purpose is to become Christ, even as he was Christ.

3. I believe the life and teachings of Jesus Christ are revealed in The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

4. I believe in the Veridican Articles of Faith of the Church of The Veridican to the extent of my understanding.

5. I will never disparage God, Jesus Christ, my brother and sisters in Christ, the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, nor the Church of the Veridican.

6. On my honor, I make this statement in good faith without mental reservations or purposes of evasion, so help me God.

Presumably a person would just cut and paste it and maybe type there nic as a signature. Huh
  • Provide the Articles of Faith or a link to them.
  • Statement #4 has one too many "Veridican"s in it.
  • Statement #5: "...my brothers and sisters..."
  • Shouldn't you make a statement about the Bible?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2013, 03:54 PM
What about the goal of squashing atheism?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
18-01-2013, 03:59 PM
(18-01-2013 03:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  PS. I'm sorry to post this in TTA, but I can't think of a better place to vett it.
Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
18-01-2013, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 04:22 PM by EvolutionKills.)
What we are witnessing here is the birth pains of yet another offshoot of Christianity, to join the many thousands that have preceded it, and the many that will probably come after it has been forgotten. Funny how there is only one God, and one truth, but thousands of interpretations of it and they all claim to be correct and that the others are all mistaken. Note that this is just within Christianity alone. Notice how we don't see too many Arians, or Luciferians around anymore. Maybe you'll get lucky and be persecuted by whatever sect is more mainstream, whether that be Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Catholics, Mormons, or any number of other older and larger sects.

Because each of them was founded by one guy that thought just as you do Egor; and your reasoning isn't any more compelling than theirs. Congrats, you're now a cult leader. Just do me a favor and don't fuck it up like some of your predecessors; such as Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara, Ken Dyers, Marshall Applewhite, or Jim Jones.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-01-2013, 04:20 PM
(18-01-2013 04:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What we are witnessing here is the birth pains of yet another offshoot of Christianity, to join the many thousands that have preceded it, and the many that will probably come after it has been forgotten. Funny how there is only one God, and one truth, but thousands of interpretations of it and they all claim to be correct and that the others are all mistaken. Note that this is just within Christianity alone. Notice how we don't see too many Arians, or Luciferians around anymore. Maybe you'll get lucky and be persecuted by whatever sect is more mainstream, whether that be Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Catholics, or any number of older and larger sects.

Because each of them was founded by one guy that thought just as you do Egor; and your reasoning isn't any more compelling than theirs. Congrats, you're now a cult leader. Just do me a favor and don't fuck it up like some of your predecessors, like Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara, Ken Dyers, Marshall Applewhite, or Jim Jones.
Fool! All the other religions are wrong. The Church of Veridican is the true one, can't you see that?

That gives me an idea. Why don't religions offer a trial period in which those interested get a 30 day free trial? If you aren't convinced it is the one and only true religion at the end of the trial period, you get your money back.

Consider

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-01-2013, 04:22 PM
(18-01-2013 04:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What we are witnessing here is the birth pains of yet another offshoot of Christianity, to join the many thousands that have preceded it, and the many that will probably come after it has been forgotten. Funny how there is only one God, and one truth, but thousands of interpretations of it and they all claim to be correct and that the others are all mistaken. Note that this is just within Christianity alone. Notice how we don't see too many Arians, or Luciferians around anymore. Maybe you'll get lucky and be persecuted by whatever sect is more mainstream, whether that be Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Catholics, or any number of older and larger sects.

Because each of them was founded by one guy that thought just as you do Egor; and your reasoning isn't any more compelling than theirs. Congrats, you're now a cult leader. Just do me a favor and don't fuck it up like some of your predecessors, like Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara, Ken Dyers, Marshall Applewhite, or Jim Jones.
Fear not, this one is too weird and hate-filled to be born, unless you count stillborn.

All Egor's labor pains are for naught.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
18-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Somewhere it all needs a disclaimer statement that it is all subject to ceratin cosmic "whim", and that, as the pendulum swings, and swing it certainly will, as we have all seen, you, Egor, may at variously times, and, indeed periodically, (kind of like a sine wave function), will become the enemy of veriDICKinism, but that should not put off any true belieber. They should just bide their time, and as night follows day, their great prophet will reappear in their camp, at least for a few months, at which time they can sing and dance for joy, and hold wild revelries, carnal feastings, and orgiastic feasts, and contests to predict the day and time of the next re-appearance of the great prophet. The game will, I am certain, become more famous than the religion.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

18-01-2013, 04:47 PM

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post