How to become a Veridican--what do you think?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: How to become a Veridican--what do you think?
Throw in baptism, 72 virgins, and let me rule my own planet, then we might have a deal.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like fstratzero's post
18-01-2013, 05:22 PM
I've read your entire Veridican section on your forums. Your explanation is clear. However, if I was still a Christian, I'd be asking you the following questions:

1. Why is your synthesis of the gospels justified? What makes you an authority? The bible is already the inspired word of god.
2. Why would god's real plan not come to light until now?
3. How do you explain my current relationship with god, which is strong, and does not follow your faith? God speaks to me already.
4. I know Christ died for my sins. I believe, and am already forgiven. You are mistaken.

Unless you get the rare blank slate who's looking for a belief system, you're going to have to overcome the teachings of another religion. The "faith/trust me" card rears its ugly head again. I don't think you're going to appeal to anyone other than belief-seekers and dissatisfied Christians. Worse, you'll be arguing from the same source material they are.

Theists are going to give you a much harder time than we do.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
18-01-2013, 08:52 PM
When you define a word, it is generally understood that you do not use the word you are defining in the definition.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2013, 09:21 PM
My guesses for the thread are 2 :
a. to become a veri-dick-ian, just be a true dick.
b. send money. I doubt money will ever be refused . Tongue
Let me know if I won anything.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

18-01-2013, 09:54 PM

(18-01-2013 03:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
  • Provide the Articles of Faith or a link to them.
  • Statement #4 has one too many "Veridican"s in it.
  • Statement #5: "...my brothers and sisters..."
  • Shouldn't you make a statement about the Bible?

Thanks Chas. I will make those edits. As for the Bible, no, we don't use the Bible, so there's no point in mentioning it. You can find the articles at:

http://www.veridican.org/forum/index.php?topic=64.0

(18-01-2013 04:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What we are witnessing here is the birth pains of yet another offshoot of Christianity,

Yes.

Quote: to join the many thousands that have preceded it, and the many that will probably come after it has been forgotten. Funny how there is only one God, and one truth, but thousands of interpretations of it and they all claim to be correct and that the others are all mistaken.

Well, actually, most of Christianity is either Protestant, Catholic or Greek Orthodox. Most Protestant denominations don't say they are right and the other Protestant denominations are wrong. They just emphasize different areas. But Veridicanism does not belong in either three of those categories. It is very different in how it views Jesus Christ, the concept of Christ, the Bible, and even the definition of "God." But I would not argue that it was not a form of Christianity. Obviously it is.

Quote:Note that this is just within Christianity alone. Notice how we don't see too many Arians, or Luciferians around anymore. Maybe you'll get lucky and be persecuted by whatever sect is more mainstream, whether that be Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Catholics, Mormons, or any number of other older and larger sects.

I would never advocate anyone being a martyr. But I am not the leader. I am only the founder.

Quote:Because each of them was founded by one guy that thought just as you do Egor; and your reasoning isn't any more compelling than theirs. Congrats, you're now a cult leader. Just do me a favor and don't fuck it up like some of your predecessors; such as Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara, Ken Dyers, Marshall Applewhite, or Jim Jones.

I thought about that (by the way you left out David Koresh--my personal favorite cult leader trading card). I have never wanted to be a leader of anything, but now that the religion is formed, I have to be willing to step up to the plate any way in which I am needed. I won't shy away from it, but I don't need anything from anyone.
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 10:01 PM

(18-01-2013 03:54 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What about the goal of squashing atheism?

That's the goal of the forum, that's not the goal of the religion. I mean all religions, I would hope, have the goal of squashing atheism.

(18-01-2013 04:20 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Fool! All the other religions are wrong. The Church of Veridican is the true one, can't you see that?

That gives me an idea. Why don't religions offer a trial period in which those interested get a 30 day free trial? If you aren't convinced it is the one and only true religion at the end of the trial period, you get your money back.

Consider

What money have you been asked for? In what part of the articles or the public or private statement do you see any mention of money, tithes, donations, anything. You don't. So, admit it.

(18-01-2013 04:22 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Fear not, this one is too weird and hate-filled to be born, unless you count stillborn.

All Egor's labor pains are for naught.

What happens with religion is God's will. Not mine, not yours, not anyone's It is and becomes what He makes it. Yes
18-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I'd say it's more dependent on sociology, than "god's" will.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
18-01-2013, 10:15 PM

(18-01-2013 04:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Somewhere it all needs a disclaimer statement that it is all subject to ceratin cosmic "whim", and that, as the pendulum swings, and swing it certainly will, as we have all seen, you, Egor, may at variously times, and, indeed periodically, (kind of like a sine wave function), will become the enemy of veriDICKinism, but that should not put off any true belieber. They should just bide their time, and as night follows day, their great prophet will reappear in their camp, at least for a few months, at which time they can sing and dance for joy, and hold wild revelries, carnal feastings, and orgiastic feasts, and contests to predict the day and time of the next re-appearance of the great prophet. The game will, I am certain, become more famous than the religion.

Veridicanism isn't going to change, at least not by me. If the structure is such that a vote is taken among chaplains and some change is made to the Articles of Faith or whatever, I can assure you it will be minor. Veridicanism is set. It was set from the moment I posted it on my forum. And I thought about it a great deal, because for the last two decades I have been free to flip flop, change my mind, explore this or that philosophy, there was even a Veridican Astrological system at one time. But all that's over now. WYSIWYG. The articles are there. The public statement is there. Soon, there will be a council formed, and nothing will change lest they vote on it. I am not a dictator in this religion except right now, because there is no one else to build things. But in a few months that won't be the case.

Veridicanism must be democratic, and I will not stop being the dictator until I have made it democratic. Unsure
18-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm wondering why anyone on this forum cares about this yet another "one true faith." (Yawning now ....)

Godless in the Magnolia State
18-01-2013, 10:27 PM

(18-01-2013 04:55 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Throw in baptism, 72 virgins, and let me rule my own planet, then we might have a deal.

You might want to change that avatar. I mean, what if God is on my side? Don't forget that God is the God of the virus world, too. He's the God of cancer cells, and sudden illnesses. He's the one who says who gets the flu and ends up on a ventilator and who just has a cold from it.

I'm not wishing any of that on you; I'm telling you I fear God. I've seen what God can do, what He will do. Maybe God doesn't care, but if He does...but if He does... Consider Unsure